50 States?

If you want to be really elite...

Who's cached in every available country? At the time of writing, that's 134 countries.

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

Kouros said:

quote:
Who's cached in every available country? At the time of writing, that's 134 countries.

Frolickin said:

quote:
...there are 193 sovereign nations.

Kouros meant 134 countries with geocaches in them. icon_wink.gif Interesting to know, though, that over 69% of sovereign countries are involved. Perhaps geocaching is the key to world peace.

Kouros said:

quote:

Frolickin said:

quote:
...there are 193 sovereign nations.

Kouros meant 134 countries with geocaches in them. icon_wink.gif Interesting to know, though, that over 69% of sovereign countries are involved. Perhaps geocaching is the key to world peace.

quote:

Kouros meant 134 countries with geocaches in them. icon_wink.gif

Indeed I did. icon_wink.gif

quote:

Interesting to know, though, that over 69% of sovereign countries are involved. Perhaps geocaching is the key to world peace.

Either that, or Geocaching is the way to many non-peaceful countries having opposing troops occupying them, with too much time on their hands. icon_razz.gif

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

quote:

Kouros meant 134 countries with geocaches in them. icon_wink.gif

Indeed I did. icon_wink.gif

quote:

Interesting to know, though, that over 69% of sovereign countries are involved. Perhaps geocaching is the key to world peace.

Either that, or Geocaching is the way to many non-peaceful countries having opposing troops occupying them, with too much time on their hands. icon_razz.gif

------

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

There is a club call highpointers or highlanders... something along that line. It is a club that visits the highest sections in each state. They have it broken down to where you can buy pins etc. after reaching so many states. I have the website at work if anyone really wants the specifics but the idea has been done by others.

Team Golden: Yes, I've seen those- that was kind of what I had in mind.

I worked with a guy who was hot on getting into the New Hampsire 100 Club, or some such thing- climbing the top 100 peaks in the state. It was all based on the honor system that you had actually done them. I used to raz him by telling him I would just send in my application and get a patch,certificate and bumper sticker before him. It was fun watching his face turn red and seeing the steam shoot out his ears. He looked kinda like this: icon_mad.gif

Team Golden: Yes, I've seen those- that was kind of what I had in mind.

I worked with a guy who was hot on getting into the New Hampsire 100 Club, or some such thing- climbing the top 100 peaks in the state. It was all based on the honor system that you had actually done them. I used to raz him by telling him I would just send in my application and get a patch,certificate and bumper sticker before him. It was fun watching his face turn red and seeing the steam shoot out his ears. He looked kinda like this: icon_mad.gif

I used to travel a lot. The companies I worked for paid for me to travel between the coasts. But that ended seven years ago. icon_frown.gif

But this is clearly a hot topic. I was thinking about it myself as we drove back from Montana to California and I added MT, ID, and NV, giving me a paltry 4 states.

hitting all fifty is on my list, but not for many, many years.

I used to travel a lot. The companies I worked for paid for me to travel between the coasts. But that ended seven years ago. icon_frown.gif

But this is clearly a hot topic. I was thinking about it myself as we drove back from Montana to California and I added MT, ID, and NV, giving me a paltry 4 states.

hitting all fifty is on my list, but not for many, many years.

I've hit 41 of them, I really should have all the contingeus (sp) 48 but I was stupid and didn't think ahead when I travelled the north east. I'll probably hit those before the end of the year though..... Hawaii and Alaska may take awhile.

No foreign countries yet, I wanted to hit Mexico but had to speed home because of a family emergency. I hope to spend a few months backpacking in New Zealand so that (or Canada) will probably be my first foreign country.

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

I was just thinking the same thing this weekend. I'm sure Jeremy has a way to figure the info out in the database. Just takes time and he's so busy with other geocaching stuff - oh yeah and a life. As for me 1 state (Tx) and 1 country (Canada). I saw a guy on www.wheresgeorge.com the other day that had logged bills in 75% of the counties in Texas. It was a map of Tx counties all different colors. He said he had a friend made it for him. I will So the technology exists to have a graphical representation of the data.

5399_600.jpg

LowlyWorm Says Gig 'em Aggies

What if a person caches in a country, (eg... Slobovia), and the country goes through some geo-political restructuring, and is now 2 countries.

Does the cache go invalid, count for both countries, or (most likely) count only for the sub country where the cache existed?

Any similarities of Slobovia to any presently existing country is a darn shame! icon_biggrin.gif

What if a person caches in a country, (eg... Slobovia), and the country goes through some geo-political restructuring, and is now 2 countries.

Does the cache go invalid, count for both countries, or (most likely) count only for the sub country where the cache existed?

Any similarities of Slobovia to any presently existing country is a darn shame! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm in it for the fun not to try to win something. When I go somewhere and a I can participate that's fine. Spent time in upstate NY last month and nothing was available and I didn't have time, so... Just used it to verify my driving directions and that was good enough. ?why don't they have starbucks on the GPS maps?