Signature Items

I have been meaning to post some of these pictures for some time. One of our local husband/wife teams by the name of Lone Ranger and Tonto place these items in caches as their signature items. Each one is a handpainted river rock. They vary from about 4 oz. for the mice to several pounds for the large cat. They are very highly prized and will usually have many cachers scrambling to get to a cache once they know that there is a 'Tonto rock' in it, me included.

Foxes

18242_200.JPG

Deer

6647_200.JPG

Raccoon

6267_200.JPG

Two Squirrels

36381_200.JPG

Miss Silver

27079_500.jpg

Dog & Cat

69419_200.JPG

Wise Old Owl

18394_200.JPG

Joey Cat

27079_400.jpg

Fish

22833_300.JPG

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

I just came up with a new signature item. My daughter and I worked on them for about 3 hours this afternoon. I know it's not a cool as some of the professionally printed or embossed item others have come up with, but we think they are neat-O. They are all slightly different and all have our team name and a number on the back. I got the idea after finding a "TOO COOL" signature coin the other day.

I hope people like them.

107353_1500.JPG

OG

Prophetically Challenged (or is that Pathetically?)

quote:
posted May 17, 2003 01:07 AM

I have been meaning to post some of these pictures for some time. One of our local husband/wife teams by the name of Lone Ranger and Tonto place these items in caches as their signature items. Each one is a handpainted river rock. They vary from about 4 oz. for the mice to several pounds for the large cat. They are very highly prized and will usually have many cachers scrambling to get to a cache once they know that there is a 'Tonto rock' in it, me included.

Those are sooo cool! Now I want one!

pokeanim3.gif

I'm almost done with my signature item. It should be appearing in New England caches within the next 2 weeks, depending on how quickly I can paint them and when I can get out caching. A few questions.

Should I place these items in their own seperate bag?

Should I include anything with the item such as an explanation? I plan to put my name on them and possibly number them. I'm not sure if I will track them or not.

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Henny Youngman (1906 - 1998)icon_cool.gif

We've almost done several things...but one problem or another kept us from getting there. However....we recently completed a signature item related to our name. We were able to purchase (lots) of lazer pen lights. They come in different colors and are small enough to fit into most caches.... We hope people will enjoy them as they seem to be popular.

If God is your co-pilot, it's time to change seats!!!

I started out with Cats-eye eggs, but my wife being a jewelry person (she makes crystal bracelets)decided that a silver chain and Strontium magnetic catches would really help these, SO here they are, a little expensive to put together, but we feel the cachers deserve a bonus find every now and then. Chains are about 20-24 inches, sterling silver. Stones are cats-eye, factory dyed, amd about 7/8 inch high.

Jeff Scism, IBSSG http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

Time to hide

a treasure inside,

and what will we find?

A dream

a trinket,

stimulation for the mind?

Log: Neat stuff, Thanks!!

Log Two: Took serial number keychain, put stuffed dog back.

Log Three: Took log pages, No TP.

Log four: Took Ammo can, Left nothing.4eggs.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Og's outfit:

I just came up with a new signature item. My daughter and I worked on them for about 3 hours this afternoon. I know it's not a cool as some of the professionally printed or embossed item others have come up with, but we think they are neat-O. They are all slightly different and all have our team name and a number on the back. I got the idea after finding a "TOO COOL" signature coin the other day.

I hope people like them.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/display/107353_1500.JPG

I think it's very cool Og and a great idea. Man, you guys are getting me all inspired!

-Dan

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."