the gc.com IRC chat

xyzabc

It has come to my attention that several of the "regulars" to the #geocache IRC chat room dislike my presence. ClayJar, the creator of the chat, has talked to me about this, and as such has issued a ban against my usage of the chat. I am only allowed in there during the officials, which I very rarely go to anyway. It is because of this that I will no longer use this particular, very annoying feature of Geocaching. Every time I have asked a question in there, I have met only with antagonistic remarks.

The chat room is constantly full of people who would rather run someone down into the drt then answer their questions, and I would not recomend anyone who wants to keep their feelings intact go in there.

tj.jpg

"Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot"

Bullpucky, TJ. You got banned because you told ClayJar to take a flying leap at your male member. It's always a good idea, when playing schoolyard games, to make sure the guy you're taunting isn't the one with the keys to the room.

"It is because of this that I will no longer use this particular, very annoying feature of Geocaching." HA! You make it sound like it was somehow your choice! You couldn't come back if you wanted to!

Dumb@$$.

warm.gif

Actually, after 2 weeks, and coming in during the official chats in those 2 weeks, ClayJar was fully willing to allow me back into the chat whenever I felt like I wanted to. I have decided that I would much rather spend my time doing more worthwile things.

tj.jpg

As a regular, I was there for a good part of that discussion and there are logs. You were very argumentative and you were really foul mouthed with CJ, who does not use foul words. No matter what was being discussed you had an argument for it. It will be a more peaceful place without you. The bad language was uncalled for. I agree with Fuzzy, don't mess with the keeper of the keys.

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

In the ten months that I've been visiting the IRC #geocache chat, it's been my experience that there is almost ALWAYS one or more interesting, witty adults present that I can talk with -- about geocaching questions, ideas for caches, gossip about geocachers, laughing at forum posts, and every off-topic subject imaginable. It is an important part of my overall addiction to geocaching. I am especially grateful to folks like ClayJar and Fuzzy for technical help, because that's not my strong suit.

And oh yeah, besides the above, TJ used to come there, too.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

I happen to have had a somewhat lengthly talk with CJ about my behaviour the other night. He knows what was going on, and I do. I laugh at the ignorance you all show. Feel free to call me names, say that I am immature, and whatever else you feel like. Words are words, and text is text. I feel better knowing that I have left on my own terms. As I said, CJ was fully willing to allow me back after a 2 week ban, I however have chosen not to plague you all with my presence. Enjoy your chat.

tj.jpg

Mopar: that's very touching, you of all people, going through all that trouble just for me! *wipes tear from eye*

Alas, none of you know what went on when me and CJ had our private chat, and unless CJ tells you, I'll just leave you all to speculate.

tj.jpg

TJ, I don't much care what went on in your private chat. It's CJ's channel and he can manage it any way he sees fit. What I DO care about is that I was following a fairly interesting discussion in IRC about how some geocachers in California were going to be taking a newspaper reporter on a cache hunt. That discussion was very rudely interrupted by the long bit of text which Mopar so kindly linked to.

Nothing speaks the truth like an exact quote.

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by TJWilson:

Mopar: that's very touching, you of all people, going through all that trouble just for me! *wipes tear from eye*

Oh, it was no trouble. The log has been floating around for a while. I heard a famous rapper was working on setting it to music. Listen for it on an urban/hip-hop station near you.

I suspect, knowing ClayJar, that he did exactly as you say: gave you a second chance to prove that you can act like an adult. It's unfortunate that you've decided you can't do that; we could always use more thoughtful, intelligent people in the channel.

warm.gif

"one mans truths are another mans fabrications" - unknown

While I do not deny that those words are exact, I find it highly ammusing that you are so quick to judge without even asking about the provate chat. This shows hatred, which is a quality which I throughly enjoy bringing out in others.

You all complain about trolling, but when you see such a blantant case of it, you take the bait like fish. Now I see how gratifying it can be. This entire thread was meant to see what kind of reactions I could stir up, my thanks for proving that certain members of the geocaching community arn't worth the air they breath, or the bandwidth they use up.

tj.jpg

as I have said, words are words and text is text. This is the internet. welcome to the world wide web. If you think such pety insults are supposed to mean anything to me coming from someone that knows very little about me, then you obvisouly think much too highly of yourself.

tj.jpg

I tried to like TJW as I try to like everyone.

It was TJW that made me dislike him, I'm not saying wether some of the thinks he said were true or not and I don't particularly care. But most of them seemed not to be true leat alone bot believable. Every time I saw TJW he was complaining or arguing, which makes it hard to like anyone.

I don't like to state the obvious too much but I am sure TJW will assist.

Eeyore

I'm one sat short of triangulation.

Eeyore, if I really care about who liked me and who didn't, I wouldn't be able to live a very good life. Frankly, the fewer people that like me, the better, as it means that I don't have to worry about being asked for anything.

tj.jpg

caution: serious post ahead

quote:
Originally posted by TJWilson:

It has come to my attention that several of the "regulars" to the #geocache IRC chat room dislike my presence. ClayJar, the creator of the chat, has talked to me about this, and as such has issued a ban against my usage of the chat. I am only allowed in there during the officials, which I very rarely go to anyway. It is because of this that I will no longer use this particular, very annoying feature of Geocaching. Every time I have asked a question in there, I have met only with antagonistic remarks.

The chat room is constantly full of people who would rather run someone down into the drt then answer their questions, and I would not recomend anyone who wants to keep their feelings intact go in there.

TJ, every time you asked a question, you were met with helpful, honest opionions. Your problem is, when you didn't hear the answer you hoped for, you went off on a foul-mouthed, incoherent tirade that has resulted in your ban from the channel, more then once.

If you want to deny that, go ahead, but every word you ever typed in there is sitting on a hard drive and will come back to bite you in the butt.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come check out the IRC channel. You will find it more free-form, and often off-topic (hey, we cant talk about geocaching ALL the time) then the forums, but just like here, there is a line. TJ crossed it. Many times. And got banned. End of story.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

My purpose in posting to this thread is not to take troll bait, nor to flame TJ Wilson. Everyone who follows these forums knows that this ain't my style.

But, someone else chose to air the matter publicly, and in the initial post to this thread, an opinion of the IRC geocaching discussion channel was given, with which I strongly disagree. Therefore, my posts to this thread are directed primarily to people like CT Trampers and DustyJacket. I would love to see folks like them in the chat sometime, and would feel bad if a thread like this one were to dissuade them from participating.

And, as I have said, CJ left the door open for me to come back after a 2 week "soft ban" as he calls it, in which I would be allowed to attend the Monday night official chats. Also, as I have said, I am not returning to the chat because I do not want to ruin the others chatting expirence any longer.

tj.jpg

Basson: I wanted to see what their reactions would be. Also, they arn't ganging up on me, meerly giving me the "beating" I have been deserving for many months.

tj.jpg