POLL: Piratecaching

travisl

I voted for a "A somewhat interesting idea" only because if it was done right by the right person it could add to the game. I know that probably won't happen it will most likely be some jerk thinking he is being clever and causing more pain then fun. However if done correctly it COULD be fun, and no I am no expert just my opinion.

I see your lips moving but all I hear is blah blah blah

I agree with Xitron, and I voted the same way. With some alterations to the technique, I think this could have been a more well-recepted twist on the game. Were it thought out better from the beginning, it most certainly wouldn't have gone over like a lead ballon.

As is stands he (they?) is (are?) admittedly angering a lot of individuals. That does not, however, make it an evil idea.

Pan

What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series. - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

Just what this guy is looking for, more attention.

Sheeesh. Ignore the guy and he'll go away. He's getting a kick out of the reaction and you are all feeding him some more.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Just what this guy is looking for, more attention.

Sheeesh. Ignore the guy and he'll go away. He's getting a kick out of the reaction and you are all feeding him some more.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Jeremy or the other PTB can make it so any reference to this subject is put in the "needs to be approved" queue and promptly rejected.

~robert

Notice: Driver carries less than $20 cache.

mdgpsbanner.gif

BrianSnat, you've been a member of this forum for alot longer then I have, but I tend to disagree that if you ignore an issuse it will go away. In my experience if you ignore something it tends to grow and fester. In this case he/she/it may move on to more destructive methods to get attention if that is what he/she/it is after. If we bring this person in and teach him our values maybe we can show and guide him into a way to still do what he consideres fun without pi**ing off everyone else.

You know Xitron I agree that ignoring the issue isn't the only answer here.

Lets explore. When faced with people that make fun of, torture for kicks, or other wise make your life miserable in some fashion there are two options.

1) Ignore Them so they ultimatly go away (and bug someone else)

2) Take the fun out of it for them. While #1 does that to a limited extent I find if you kick the living **** out of them when they push you over the edge it sucks the fun right out of the situation. Of course kicking the crap out of them isn't the only way to do it, but it does takes some kind of contact.

However in this situation you really don't have #2 to work with. That leaves #1, Ignore them.

Working with the concept to make it ok or tolerable just doesn't work. It should be a right pain in the butt to be a Lil' Cap'n Foo Foo pirate.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

You know Xitron I agree that ignoring the issue isn't the only answer here.

Lets explore. When faced with people that make fun of, torture for kicks, or other wise make your life miserable in some fashion there are two options.

1) Ignore Them so they ultimatly go away (and bug someone else)

2) Take the fun out of it for them. While #1 does that to a limited extent I find if you kick the living **** out of them when they push you over the edge it sucks the fun right out of the situation. Of course kicking the crap out of them isn't the only way to do it, but it does takes some kind of contact.

However in this situation you really don't have #2 to work with. That leaves #1, Ignore them.

Working with the concept to make it ok or tolerable just doesn't work. It should be a right pain in the butt to be a Lil' Cap'n Foo Foo pirate.

I too had to deal with bullies in my life and I agree that once you beat the crap out of them they tend to leave you alone. Thats not an option here and I don't believe ignoring him will make it go away either. Anyone got a third option?

And if that dosen't work?

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
Anyone got a third option?

Yeah, ignore him.

_"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm_

With all due respect... I think ignoring him is a dandy idea, but everytime you post it lets him know that you have noticed him. Even this low degree of fame is a powerful force to keep someone doing the thing that is giving it to them. Honestly, I hope he keeps it up until he gets caught or gets in trouble. I don't like what he is doing, but I think it's neat that he causes so much grief over here just by interrupting a game/sport. He's like a little dog that runs onto the field during a sporting event and steals the ball... only, he's getting a lot more press. Good for the little dog, I say. He's having his fun for now and adds some excitement to a game we all love. He interferes temporarily, but we do get the ball back. Also, eventually he'll be tackled and taken off the field... no big deal. Just a little disturbance that people are making a big deal out of for nothing.

-Zach

-Team Zen-

migo_sig_logo.jpg

This is not the first time that this has happened. When I lived in Florida we had someone who would steal caches, relocate them, and post them as their own. Ignoring them worked the best, by bringing it up in the forums and e-mailing them they got more attention(encouragement) to keep on doing it.

Unless you can catch them in the act, there is very little you can do. But by bringing this up in the forums you keep inflating their egos

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

If you want to put a really interesting twist to it...we could place a Bounty on his capture.

El Diablo

That would be awesome.

Pan

What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series. - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"