logs only?

maxd1

I guess it would depend on my expectations. If I went looking for a .50 cal ammo box prepared to trade something I'd be disappointed to find only a log book. If I went looking for a microcache finding a log book would exceed my expectations, as I thought I'd find only a piece of paper. icon_wink.gif

~erik~

Logs only, No Charcoal??

They still might burn okay.

-----------------------------------

Ive never seen a Log only cache, but Ive thought of creating a Large cache, called the Logbook cache, one with a large spiral bound logbook in it.

Small containers may just have only a logbook in them

25% getting there

30% location/scenery

40% hunt/search

5% or less trade items

I don't like virtuals, however I don't care to trade either. In-fact I prefer micros with log only. A log with room for names only. I like to see who's been there with out flipping through a hundred pages of scribbling.

I can read other logs on the web page later.

39197_2700.jpg

I am the result of genetic manipulation of superior Geocacher DNA. Faster, stronger with superior reasoning and logic.

Mokita!

I like them every bit as much as caches with stuff in them, and sometimes better. I'm not a big fan of the ''Garage Sale on a Hill'' concept of caching. Occasionally, I find the items of interest if they are unique, such as cool rocks or handmade items, or pins.

4497_300.jpg

"See the wonderous works of Providence! The uncertainty of human things!" Geo.Washington

For us, the thrill is in the hunt. If there is a prize or not doesn't matter. Some of my favorite caches have been those without goodies to trade. On the other hand, certain cachers have a flair for placing larger caches that are a lot of fun. For the most part though, cachers don't seem to place anything of interest in the caches. There's probably only a half dozen things we've found in caches that interested us enough to keep them.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

I would much rather find a cache that I know beforehand only has a logbook than a 50 cal that I discover to be full of junk and old golf balls.

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

Not that many caches under my belt but the best so far was "Under lock and key" in Truckee CA. I felt like James Bond (even if I looked like Don Adams). My wife distracted the receptionest while I retrived the 35mm film can cache, secretly signing our names in the corner, what fun for a couple of fourty somthings!!! Personely I really don't need any action figures. But I will always include some dollar store prizes for the kids in my caches, after all this is a family sport right?

"No Matter where you go there you are." - Bucaroo Bonzai

I prefer caches with trading items, but that is not always possible. I have one cache "vector Containment" which is a log only cache because of the requiremets for this cache there was not enough room for anything but the log. If you checked the cache you would note that this information is on the cache page. Anyone who didn't like a log only cache would know this up front. For those who enjoy the challenge on finding a well hidden cache this one would be for you.

icon_rolleyes.gif

99.9% figuring out where to go, figuring out how to get there, and then actually getting myself there.

0.1% everything else.

So, I voted don't mind.

skydiver-sig.gif

---------------------------------------

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

---------------------------------------