The ultimate container?

Goodguys

We recently discovered Lock & Lock containers, and they may just be the ideal caching container. Thiswebsite describes them well. They are like a cross between an ammo box and tupperware, with a gasketted lid and hinged locking tabs. We placed our first cache with one of these last week, and we're placing another today.

Has anyone had experience with these? Are they as good as they appear to be?

The Lock&Lock container is what we used for our first cache It seems to be holding up well & it claims to be freezer, microwave & dishwasher safe, airtight & spillproof. That covers most weather conditions, so I think it's pretty good. I bought the HP828. I think it is about 2L size. The official Geocaching sticker fits on the top nicely, and there is lots of storage room inside. The one I bought was only $6-7 Canadian, so that's peanuts for cross-border shopping Americans! icon_wink.gif

These containers get my vote as great cache containers!

-Donna G

I used one of these for the first cache I set a couple of months ago. Look Here

So far it's survived torrential rain and a couple of sub-zero days without any sign of letting in water or frost damage. In the UK they're available from Lakeland Plastics, a kitchen utensil chain store. They're quite expensive, think I payed about £6 or £7 for one but they seem to work well as cache containers.

John

I think I've seen this container before Here.(Check out the Pic and read some of the logs on the page) When I went to the location and it was pretty drenched with water. He even had a large rubberbands around it. They look like a good containor but after seeing it in action I don't know. This might not be the same one but it does look like the same one.

Goodguys is spot on with this one.

I found one of the Goodguys' caches last week and was so impressed with the container, I had to note it in my cache log. GG's, I was just about to email you to find out where you got them. Thanks for the info.

If they can take my usual camo paint job, these things are perfect.

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

Hey, that reminds me! We ran across one recently. We'll look through our logs to see if we can remember what cache it was in.

CR

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/72057_2000.gif

Hi Sissy,

Not sure if you are in CR Iowa, but if you are, this may be the cache you found. I recently found it, and thought they were really neat.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=9788

In general, I try to avoid things with plastic hinges (the locks on these things have them). They don't stand up to abuse. Plus, my dog can get into these (then again, he can unzip my backpack and get stuff too). In my opinion, if you can use an ammo can, it is the way to go. If not, then these certainly look like an interesting alternative. I'm all for variety. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"