How do I get those unusual smiling face icons?

icon_razz.gif

To use them when logging a cache find, when you are typing in your log comments, look right above the comments field. You will see a smiley-face on a button. If you press this button, a window will come up showing you the "codes" to use to get different faces. They have to be enclosed in brackets [ ].

So, for example, if I wanted a simley, I would enter:

[ : ) ]

Hope this helps.

[This message was edited by bradtal on July 29, 2003 at 03:45 PM.]

I always hated these similey faces, whether in letters, or via Internet "emoticons". I thought they were stupid. But after having a few post of mine misconstrued here, I started using them. It still feels silly for me to use them, but a little icon_wink.gif after a good natured bust, seems to work pretty well.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I always hated these similey faces, whether in letters, or via Internet "emoticons". I thought they were stupid. But after having a few post of mine misconstrued here, I started using them. It still feels silly for me to use them, but a little icon_wink.gif after a good natured bust, seems to work pretty well.

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

Double Gack, I'm agreeing with him again. Every now and then what you mean to be ribbing, come across as a flame which you didn't intend at all and much as I hate emoticons I've taken to useing them to accent something that should be taken a certain way and not another.