The 2002 GPS GoldRush has been announced

Sounds like it will be a blast! We will be there. Just missed the one held at Mohawk Mountain last year. My wife and I learned about Geocaching after stumbling upon one at the summit of Bear Mt., Ct. It was our wedding day, Oct. 12th, (we were married at the summit) and we've been Geocaching ever since. Looking forward to meeting some of you up there.

I would love to make it this year but who knows. I was signed up last year but then ended up I had bronchitis the weekend of the goldrush. Crusso... my son and I would love another member on our team if we are able to plan for it... can't give a definite on that yet though... let you know when I do.

Hey! Looks way interesting to me! Right now I'm just trying to get threw this month and back to reality since vacation............

But looks like something I'de really like to do with the family

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

I see there is a Gold Rush East and West, but nothing for those of us in the great middle. They should have one in southern Illinois. Markwell could come down from the north and Clayjar up from the south. All of the St. Louis area cachers, maybe some from Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennesse(sp?). What a great idea, huh? I'm not holding my breath though. Have fun for me because I won't be in Vermont. icon_rolleyes.gif

rdw

I see there is a Gold Rush East and West, but nothing for those of us in the great middle. They should have one in southern Illinois. Markwell could come down from the north and Clayjar up from the south. All of the St. Louis area cachers, maybe some from Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennesse(sp?). What a great idea, huh? I'm not holding my breath though. Have fun for me because I won't be in Vermont. icon_rolleyes.gif

rdw

Southern Illinois would make a good location.

How far are these things planned in advance? It's too late for us to make arrangements for this year's East Coast event but if it's an annual thing, we would consider next year. Looks like fun!

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

quote:
Originally posted by NetDep:

...my question is what is the best airport to fly into - the closest/largest that would have reliable commercial service? Thanks!!

The largest in the area would probably be either Boston (Logan), Hartford (Bradley), or Burlington, VT. My choice would be Burlington (shortest drive). If possible, see if you can get to Rutland State Airport (Rutland, VT). It's only about 20 minutes from Killington.

Good luck! If you have any specific questions just email me.