A place to discuss CO Admin's posts to the IMG thread. (Trust me, it's not bad.)

quote:
Originally posted by Bloencustoms:

Another example would be the thread aout animal penis bones. The title originally contained the word "penis", and was edited.

What's wrong with the word "penis"? Almost half the world has one! It's censorship like this that is not required.

I really don't care one way or other about the IMG issue or the moderating issue. However, I did find CO Admin's first post on the other thread to be insulting and demeaning. Kind of like a sadistic grade school teacher talking to a slowwitted child. It probably wasn't meant to be taken that way, but that's the feeling I got after reading it. And that's all I have to say about that.

FISUR Gump

Rhode Island Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by FISUR:

I really don't care one way or other about the IMG issue or the moderating issue. However, I did find CO Admin's first post on the other thread to be insulting and demeaning. Kind of like a sadistic grade school teacher talking to a slowwitted child. It probably wasn't meant to be taken that way, but that's the feeling I got after reading it. And that's all I have to say about that.

Well Jeremy was quick to defend CO Admin's post. Makes one wonder. icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
However, I did find CO Admin's first post on the other thread to be insulting and demeaning.

I would have thought the same thing....if we didn't have a bunch of whiny a$$ crybabies in the forums who post just for the sake of picking a fight so they can puff up like a blowfish......behind their computer. Just guessing here at the stats but to me it looks like 5% of the people make 90% of the posts. Only with rarity do I notice one of these 5%'ers making a point worth pondering. Personally, I wish you would go away so I could enjoy my non-IMG allowing, forum moderating, no stat posting, non-virt allowing, free website. I've chosen to play in their house therefore I will play by their rules while offering my input. If they don't take it...their call not mine.

So given all of that; I can't blame CO Admin for recognizing (and he was clearly correct) what the 5%'ers would do with such a topic and try to head it off at the pass. I would make a lousy Mod because I would be doing that all the time. You guys drive me nuts. You would think that this forum was dedicated to shaping public policy, you're not even arguing about geocaching issues anymore.....you're arguing about forums. LOL! How goofy is that?

By the way, I spent the day caching and it was wonderful. I did multi that had something like 11 legs. I recommend the 5%'ers get out and do something more interesting than hanging out here posting every 5 minutes. I would wager a guess that I'm not the only one who wishes that you would give us a break. Thanks for giving me some of your time......after sorting through some of the divel you guys post, you owed it back to me anyway.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Scoobie

A day without sunshine is like.....NIGHT!

quote:
scoobie10 wrote:

I would make a lousy Mod because I would be doing that all the time.

Good thing that you're not a moderator then, because one moderator who sets things off right from the start is one too many already.

You need a good command of the language to be a moderator.

quote:
Originally posted by scoobie10:

quote:
However, I did find CO Admin's first post on the other thread to be insulting and demeaning.

I would have thought the same thing....if we didn't have a bunch of whiny a$$ crybabies in the forums who post just for the sake of picking a fight so they can puff up like a blowfish......behind their computer. Just guessing here at the stats but to me it looks like 5% of the people make 90% of the posts. Only with rarity do I notice one of these 5%'ers making a point worth pondering. Personally, I wish you would go away so I could enjoy my non-IMG allowing, forum moderating, no stat posting, non-virt allowing, free website. I've chosen to play in their house therefore I will play by their rules while offering my input. If they don't take it...their call not mine.

So given all of that; I can't blame CO Admin for recognizing (and he was clearly correct) what the 5%'ers would do with such a topic and try to head it off at the pass. I would make a lousy Mod because I would be doing that all the time. You guys drive me nuts. You would think that this forum was dedicated to shaping public policy, you're not even arguing about geocaching issues anymore.....you're arguing about forums. LOL! How goofy is that?

By the way, I spent the day caching and it was wonderful. I did multi that had something like 11 legs. I recommend the 5%'ers get out and do something more interesting than hanging out here posting every 5 minutes. I would wager a guess that I'm not the only one who wishes that you would give us a break. Thanks for giving me some of your time......after sorting through some of the divel you guys post, you owed it back to me anyway.

Scoobie

Of all the posts I have ever read on this site, this takes first prize in both the inflammatory and useless categories. If that’s how you feel when you come home from a day of caching, then perhaps you should consider another sport. Are you prepared to name the person(s) to whom your diatribe was directed?

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

That was one meaty post in between two pieces of fluffy *wonder* bread! icon_biggrin.gif

Edit:

We get the picture guys. You're anti-gc.com, anti-admin, and only care about doing what you want to do. Why deny it? That's not a truthful way to go about things now is it? I *wonder* when you will come clean?

[This message was edited by canadazuuk on October 12, 2003 at 03:12 PM.]

At least Scooby10's not shy about it... Says exactly whats on his mind! Bravo!

So what you are saying is that you will just accept whatever the admins or moderators say or do just because of who they are...

May I remind you of a famous WWII-era poem written by Pastor Martin Niemöller who I suspect was a whole lot smarter than most of us.

First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me.

- Pastor Martin Niemöller

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow

quote:

I would have thought the same thing....if we didn't have a bunch of whiny a$$ crybabies in the forums who post just for the sake of picking a fight so they can puff up like a blowfish......behind their computer.

In case you're categorizing me as a ''blowfish'', check out my posts over the last two years. I try to be helpful, upbeat, and to the point. And I believe that geocaching.com is the best site out there, in regard to geocaching or otherwise. I just don't like to be insulted.

FISUR

Rhode Island Geocaching

quote:

In case you're categorizing me as a ''blowfish'', check out my posts over the last two years. I try to be helpful, upbeat, and to the point. And I believe that geocaching.com is the best site out there, in regard to geocaching or otherwise. I just don't like to be insulted.

You're not a blowfish Fisur, but you do have the biggest forhead in the forums! icon_razz.gif

Free your mind and the rest will follow 30296_400.gif

quote:

quote:

I would have thought the same thing....if we didn't have a bunch of whiny a$$ crybabies in the forums who post just for the sake of picking a fight so they can puff up like a blowfish......behind their computer.

FISUR

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur

Not at all Fisur, you don't qualify for the blowfish catagory. I was just saying that I would agree with you and be offended if a Mod just came out with such a response with no reason for doing so. My feeling here is this; Given the attitude of a few who would be certain to respond with venom (as they did) I think CO Admin made a good call.

Sorry for the confusion.

Scoobie

quote:

quote:

FISUR

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur

Not at all Fisur, you don't qualify for the blowfish catagory. I was just saying that I would agree with you and be offended if a Mod just came out with such a response with no reason for doing so. My feeling here is this; Given the attitude of a few who would be certain to respond with venom (as they did) I think CO Admin made a good call.

Sorry for the confusion.

Scoobie

Hey RobertM, something in the wind got me thinking that you've got a certain local cacher *wondering* what's really going on.

But then I shouldn't really be surprised, he's been *wondering* about that for a very long time.

I'll bet he's not *wondering* what others think about him posting pointed and confrontational juvenile posts in the forums when you and I are pretty much ignoring his rhetoric.

Makes me *wonder* why the forum moderator hasn't warned him about his obvious trolling.

You need a good command of the language to be a moderator.

Bloencustoms, was this thread intended to be a debate of the options admins have at their disposal for keeping threads from being derailed?

Edit:

And like usual, *he* claims innocence. *He* didn't have anything to do with derailing this thread, or any other thread. It's all the *other* guys fault. How typical. And wrong...

[This message was edited by canadazuuk on October 12, 2003 at 03:07 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

Hey RobertM, something in the wind got me thinking that you've got a certain local cacher *wondering* what's really going on.

But then I shouldn't really be surprised, he's been *wondering* about that for a very long time.

I'll bet he's not *wondering* what others think about him posting pointed and confrontational juvenile posts in the forums when you and I are pretty much ignoring his rhetoric.

Makes me *wonder* why the forum moderator hasn't warned him about his obvious trolling.

Hey Jomarac5, I got that wiff too, smells like it's getting between us now.

quote:
Originally posted by RobertM:

Hey Jomarac5, I got that wiff too, smells like it's getting between us now.

Funny, I smelled that smell down by the Fraser River a few days ago. It could have just been a dead fish... icon_wink.gif

mystats.php?userid=Gorak&vopt=user&txtdata=Because+I+can...&bgcol=FFFFFF&fgcol=009966

Gorak

A narcissist was having lunch with some companions. As usual, he was dominating the conversation by talking about his favorite topic: himself. After a while it began to dawn on him that the others weren't exactly hanging on his every word.

"Listen to me, hogging the conversation by talking about myself," he said to them, hoping to make amends. "I should give somebody else a chance. Why don't you talk about me for a while?"

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Sorry for my absence over the past few hours. I was out bagging a three stage multi, a micro, and a trad. Lots of fun, but it will be a while before my shoes dry out. icon_biggrin.gif If nobody else has anything to add to the discussion of the way the forums are being moderated, the thread might as well be closed. Anyone with local issues ought to hash it out in a private forum or something. Just my opinion, nothing against any of the parties involved.

[This message was edited by Bloencustoms on March 32, 1999 at 25:60 PM]

You know, CO Admin has posted twice in this topic. I don't think Jeremy was thinking about CO Admin.

The amazing thing is that when I have corresponded with a few of you in emails you generally have been pretty nice. Boy, you get in here and it is a gloves off slugfest. Yesterday at our event cache we talked briefly about the Groundspeak Forums and pretty much everyone said they don't come in here because they don't like it. That is pretty sad. Even in this topic a personal conflict is intertwined within the discussion that is on topic. Here is a gentle nudge from one of the other moderators... the other 50,000 registered members are getting tired of reading it.

I'm sorry, but I wish you guys would take the personal spat to a private topic or get over it. I think there are more than a few that share that opinion. Your opinions on geocaching and the forums are welcome, don't get me wrong. Your personal soap opera is getting old though. Really old. We are getting tired of you talking about yourselves and your personal problems with each other.

mtn-man... admin brick mason

"approver of all trades" -- per Woodsters Outdoors

quote:
Originally posted by mtn-man:

You know, CO Admin has posted twice in this topic. I don't think Jeremy was thinking about CO Admin.

I'm sorry, but I wish you guys would take the personal spat to a private topic or get over it. I think there are more than a few that share that opinion. Your opinions on geocaching and the forums are welcome, don't get me wrong. Your personal soap opera is getting old though. Really old. We are getting tired of you talking about yourselves and your personal problems with each other.

AMEN!!!

Lend me your ear while I call you a fool.

quote:
mtn-man wrote:

I'm sorry, but I wish you guys would take the personal spat to a private topic or get over it

Well, let's not make any bones about this anymore. I'm as fed up with it as the rest of you.

I've made several mentions of letting it go but every time, the *other* guy keeps coming back for more. In addition he's sending very abusive e-mails to myself and a couple of others. Watch here and you'll see that he won't leave this alone either.

The rest of you need to know that in our neck of the woods we have a couple of people, one of which is the *other* guy that you speak of, who are ruining a lot of the enjoyment of caching. And they are getting away with it because some who run this site, allow them to. If you'd prefer, I'd gladly start a new thread, either here or in the Canada forums to get this issue out in the open even though, I'm certain that there are those who don't want to see that happen. In fact, it has been brought up in these forums in the past and the management of this site brushed it under the carpet and refused to address the problem, which is unfortunate because it just festered more instead of being dealt with in the first place.

Forget about a private topic to discuss this -- I'm fed up completely and refuse to play this stupid little game the way that this *other* guy wants. Either the *other* guy backs off, or things will get way worse than they already are. I'm fed up and I'm far from being the only one in our area who is.

I'm not sure why a private topic would be bad. Does a private beef need a public audience? If you really feel the need to air your grievances in front of someone, I'd be happy to attend a private topic and read all of the sillinesss. I'm requesting that this thread be closed, because there haven't been any relevant posts since yesterday.

[This message was edited by Bloencustoms on March 32, 1999 at 25:60 PM]

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

Well, let's not make any bones about this anymore. I'm as fed up with it as the rest of you.

I've made several mentions of letting it go but every time, the *other* guy keeps coming back for more. In addition he's sending very abusive e-mails to myself and a couple of others. Watch here and you'll see that he won't leave this alone either.

The rest of you need to know that in our neck of the woods we have a couple of people, <snip>

You know, I just don't care anymore. I don't really want to know. You say you want to let it go, but then you start with the digs once again. It is a game that you can do as a solitary individual. You can stop perpetuating the insanity by not retaliating. Don't answer the emails. Let it go! Don't mess with the other guy's cache. Let it go.

I'll give each of you a challenge. (In alphabetical order) Canadazuuk, Gorak, Jomarak5 and RobertM... I challenge you all to take a week off from the forums and email between each other. I bet you can't do it. In a week you might see how trivial this all is.

quote:
Originally posted by bmcilvoy:

Quote by mtn-man

"I bet you can't do it."

Is this a gentleman's bet or are you buying the rounds? Rounds as in drinks - not the other type.

Bernie

I'm going to buy them some respect from other cachers. That is something they are loosing rapidly right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

Was I seeing things, or was this thread locked earlier today?

I was just wondering the same thing.

Actually I wasn't online very much today and when I got home from caching, I saw it locked and had to read it all to see why. And that took a long time with the slowness of the site. I was a little concerned at how it was closed. It looked as a jab at the guys and then lock it down and with no reason stating why or that it was being locked. Kind of like a sucker punch and run type of thing.

Brian

www.woodsters.com

The reason why the topic was closed is clear if you in fact read the topic like you said... Bloencustoms asked that it be closed twice. I decided to re-open it in case they had comments but it looks like they have taken my advise. You could probably do well to do the same.

On that note, I am going to finally close this topic per the request of Bloencustoms. This topic has run its course and the people I was addressing seem to have taken my advise.

Nothing to see here... move along.