How Do You Like It?

I have a link to automatically log me into geocaching.com. When I click Discuss from that page, it brings me to the new forums, but I'm not logged in anymore. At least it SAYS I'm not logged in anymore.

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!

Lotsa nice new features but like anything new it needs a good bit of work still.

I havent been in here long and i already see a lot of little quirky stuff.

Im sure it will all get worked out though.

Specially since the new members have already brought in over $ 113,000.00

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Heh. Get rid of a bunch of those zeroes icon_wink.gif

Sorry Jeremy...

I was just goin by the number of new members so far (3770) x 30.

I guess a lot of folks opted for the 3./month deal then..

Either way its well worth it..

Buck8Point

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Heh. Get rid of a bunch of those zeroes icon_wink.gif

Sorry Jeremy...

Buck8Point

quote:
Originally posted by Buck8Point:

Sorry Jeremy...

Buck8Point

That count is the number of registered users that have logged into the forums. Not charter members.

Jeremy

'

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

That count is the number of registered users that have logged into the forums. Not charter members.

Jeremy

'

My bad for assuming..

I was thinking it was a GREAT thing.

Buck8Point

I can get used to most of it, but i down right HATE the fact that I'm forced to read a thread oldest to newest. I'm one of those that goes down the forum clicking open interesting threads each in a new window. Now I have to also click to the last page to get to the new msgs. Wish we could get it to sort newest to oldest as an option.

Illegitimus non carborundum!

It would seem that I don't have something right here. There are two things going on, which lead me to believe are cookie related.

1) I voted on this poll, afterwhich I saw the results. I came back later, but in the same session and noticed that the results were still there, making it so I couldn't vote again. I was glad to see that things were working well at that point. I then closed out my Forum window and then got back on. I was still logged in when I got back on so I know that the cookie Jeremy mentioned for logins was working properly. However, when I checked back to this topic to check the results of the poll thus far, it was the poll again and not the results. Therefore, I'm going to have to vote AGAIN to see the result, thus skewing the results. Cookie problem or forum bug?

2) The folder icons that are either yellow for "New replies since your last" visit or white for "No new replies since your last visit" don't seem to be working for me. Also seems cookie related, but I'm not sure since the login cookie IS working for me. Anybody else have similiar results?

Tyler Slack's Geocaching in Utah

quote:
Originally posted by tslack2000:

Therefore, I'm going to have to vote AGAIN to see the result, thus skewing the results. Cookie problem or forum bug?

It won't let you vote again. I'm not sure why it doesn't automatically show the results, but it will stop you from voting twice.

quote:
2) The folder icons that are either yellow for "New replies since your last" visit or white for "No new replies since your last visit" don't seem to be working for me. Also seems cookie related, but I'm not sure since the login cookie IS working for me.

I've noticed this too and am going to watch it for the next couple of days. We imported the last of the old forum posts this morning after this site went live so I'm hoping its just a side effect of the import and will clear itself up tomorrow.... Hopefully.... icon_smile.gif

-Elias

quote:
Originally posted by tslack2000:

Therefore, I'm going to have to vote AGAIN to see the result, thus skewing the results. Cookie problem or forum bug?

It won't let you vote again. I'm not sure why it doesn't automatically show the results, but it will stop you from voting twice.

quote:
2) The folder icons that are either yellow for "New replies since your last" visit or white for "No new replies since your last visit" don't seem to be working for me. Also seems cookie related, but I'm not sure since the login cookie IS working for me.

I've noticed this too and am going to watch it for the next couple of days. We imported the last of the old forum posts this morning after this site went live so I'm hoping its just a side effect of the import and will clear itself up tomorrow.... Hopefully.... icon_smile.gif

-Elias

Here's just my initial reaction after a little bit of looking around:

Like:

• geocaching.com link!

• display of views per thread

• avatars are cool (when they come back)

• ability to post a poll

• instant graemlins

• after editing a post the lame "this post was updated by exConn on..." is gone

• Jeremy's responsiveness to questions about the new forums icon_smile.gif

Dislike:

• wish there was a profile link at the top of every forum page

• can't update my profile from the forums (have to go to the profile copy on geocaching.com to do it)!

• where can I change my timestamp to EST?

• poll needs to display results when I return to a thread I've already voted in

• no additional graemlins (yeah, this is lame on my part but was hoping the :rotfl: one would show up)

• after I post a reply it doesn't go back to the thread and clicking on Continue doesn't work for me

Neutral:

• longer threads broken up into several pages

• can't rate PopIt! yet as I haven't investigated it

-exConn

What is Project Virginia?

Here's just my initial reaction after a little bit of looking around:

Like:

• geocaching.com link!

• display of views per thread

• avatars are cool (when they come back)

• ability to post a poll

• instant graemlins

• after editing a post the lame "this post was updated by exConn on..." is gone

• Jeremy's responsiveness to questions about the new forums icon_smile.gif

Dislike:

• wish there was a profile link at the top of every forum page

• can't update my profile from the forums (have to go to the profile copy on geocaching.com to do it)!

• where can I change my timestamp to EST?

• poll needs to display results when I return to a thread I've already voted in

• no additional graemlins (yeah, this is lame on my part but was hoping the :rotfl: one would show up)

• after I post a reply it doesn't go back to the thread and clicking on Continue doesn't work for me

Neutral:

• longer threads broken up into several pages

• can't rate PopIt! yet as I haven't investigated it

-exConn

I wanted to go back and edit my post before this, but you can't edit after it's 60 minutes old. icon_eek.gif (So add that to my dislike list icon_smile.gif)

Anyway, I would like to take the instant graemlins off my like list (they don't add at the cursor position, but instead at the end of your post), and take the "after I post a reply it doesn't go back to the thread and clicking on Continue doesn't work for me" off my dislike list (it works fine at home, but not on my lame setup at work).

Most wanted feature: Being able to change my timestamp to EST (perhaps it exists and I just can't find it?)

-exConn

I wanted to go back and edit my post before this, but you can't edit after it's 60 minutes old. icon_eek.gif (So add that to my dislike list icon_smile.gif)

Anyway, I would like to take the instant graemlins off my like list (they don't add at the cursor position, but instead at the end of your post), and take the "after I post a reply it doesn't go back to the thread and clicking on Continue doesn't work for me" off my dislike list (it works fine at home, but not on my lame setup at work).

Most wanted feature: Being able to change my timestamp to EST (perhaps it exists and I just can't find it?)

-exConn