Warning: Extreme cheater

Parsa

Some idiot named "mith :>" is posting dozens of logs in caches just in one day. He has posted finds today on mountains, in Antarctica, on remote islands, and on my locationless cache. He looks for remote areas and for cache owners who are no longer active. He posts an red evil face in his log. If you see this guy, his logs are bogus. Delete him.

Parsa

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

What if a person hadn't been logging their finds online, then one day decided to but forgot to enter the dates, leaving them as the default (the current date)?

I think you are inventing doubt to give him the benefit of.....

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

Same thing happened about a month ago. In that case apparently someone hacked the account of a long time geocacher and posted over a hundred bogus finds throughout the world. This incident may be related.

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

As scout leader for about 15 years now, I often had the idea of cheating to get my leader formation (school) earlier and easier. But every time I thought for whom I was learning... for the instructor... for the scoutship... NO, FOR MYSELF. In geocaching it's absolutely the same, and I know that you'll agree, travelling around the world makes you meet different people, different ways of hiding a cache, new ideas, NEW EXPERIENCES. You do all this for yourself, and not for GEOCACHING.COM or even the pope in Rome.

The guy who likes geocaching takes his free time to get out in the nature, to explore his own skills... it doesn't count how many caches you have found, but what you have learned! icon_rolleyes.gif

hello

quote:
Originally posted by slosel:

This person also logged the movement of a travel bug I placed. Sammy salmon. Is there any way to fix its travels?

First step: Remove the picture with the dang ID# in it! That's begging a prankster to log it. Until mith's account gets blocked, sammy's gonna make some serious mileage - over a quarter million already. If you can't delete the logs yourself, advise administrators of the problem.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms