Watching Items I Placed in a Cache

Yessirree.

I usually place silver coins, and like to see who picks them up.

(Although, once I saw someone take a coin worth $6-$8 and leave a pencil, which bummed me out for a couple of minutes, until I remembered why I am leaving such goodies, which is to surprise and delight someone, and maybe plant the seed of a coin collector.)

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DustyJacket:

Yessirree.

I usually place silver coins, and like to see who picks them up.

(Although, once I saw someone take a coin worth $6-$8 and leave a pencil, which bummed me out for a couple of minutes, until I remembered why I am leaving such goodies, which is to surprise and delight someone, and maybe plant the seed of a coin collector.)

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

I just started leaving old interesting coins in the caches I visit for the very same reason(small world)Hopefully I will be able remember the reasons why I'm doing it when I read "took morgan dollar-left rubberband".

Yes.

I look at my cache finds daily (only 53) to see not only who and what, but if another cacher has took items I placed. That's where the travel bug theme ensues.

Although I have only one TB en route, I still love to check the cache pages and see if some of my items have been taken. Several of mine have been replaced in other caches.

Man, what fun we have!

I look at almost all the cache logs within 25-50 miles or so almost daily. It's interesting to see what someone took/left and what they write up in the log sometimes. I would like to have people write something more besides "Found it" though. Also, I read the logs for caches that I haven't found yet before going out into an area to see how much difficulty people have had in finding a particular cache. Another reason is some signature items are really sought after by everyone in the area, so if they put one in a cache that I haven't found yet, then it motivates me to go and find that one. One recently was a 8-way multi-cache that I hadn't found yet, but the owners had put in a really cool signature item that I really wanted to get. It took about 7 hours to finish, but was well worth it.

I make mini-logbooks that fit perfectly in Altoids tins (pics at the link in my sig), and leave them in caches I find. Out of the 9 I've placed 4 have been traded for (2 by one cacher, fine by me). I'm hoping I'll find a cache and sign a logbook I made. (they are numbered on the inside back cover).

My signature item is a guitar pick with a number etched into it, none of those have been taken, nor the 'Secret' mini-CD, or any of the dutch coins I leave. I don't take anything, and most of the caches I find have lot's of cool stuff in them so I'm not to surprised.

I have made a bunch of 35mm x 35mm Geocaching fridge magnets, and will see how they go, since I'll be sticking them on the inside of the lid of ammo box caches, they will be seen easily.

Yes I do watch for cachers trading for stuff I've left.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

quote:
Originally posted by martmann:

I make mini-logbooks that fit perfectly in Altoids tins (pics at the link in my sig), and leave them in caches I find. Out of the 9 I've placed 4 have been traded for (2 by one cacher, fine by me). I'm hoping I'll find a cache and sign a logbook I made. (they are numbered on the inside back cover).

My signature item is a guitar pick with a number etched into it, none of those have been taken, nor the 'Secret' mini-CD, or any of the dutch coins I leave. I don't take anything, and most of the caches I find have lot's of cool stuff in them so I'm not to surprised.

I have made a bunch of 35mm x 35mm Geocaching fridge magnets, and will see how they go, since I'll be sticking them on the inside of the lid of ammo box caches, they will be seen easily.

Yes I do watch for cachers trading for stuff I've left.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

http://community.webshots.com/album/67423220KEECyy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm currently using one of martmann's little logbooks for my micro in Bothell. Neat item!

I do read logs of my past finds almost everyday for much of the same reasons already stated by others.

Oh yeah, martmann came all the way up from Federal Way to be First Finder of my Logboom Micro because he thought that one had one of his logbooks, but container for that one is too small. My other one in Bothell uses a magnetic keyholder.