What Cache items for Girls ?

AK0B

I see a lot of beanie babies in the caches around here. I think other good items for girls would be camo face paint, camo rope, camo tape and other things of that nature. icon_wink.gif

Depends on the girl I guess because my my little couzens would love the things I mentioned but they're weird anyway. icon_smile.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

Unfortunately, there is little demand for female-themed items in caches. Most of us are men. You'll see a few women around here, and there have been reports of girly-stuff in caches, but I think it's the rare exception.

For some reason, I always find myself interested in things that most girls think are pretty dumb, but I digress.

Jamie

I often put in a pack of those small, colorful plastic hair clips. Also inexpensive bracelets, and colored gel pens.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on November 02, 2002 at 03:02 PM.]

Daddy Leprechaun interviewed an expert, 8-year old Little Leprechaun, who has opened many a cache to pick out trade items of interest to a young girl. Her list of favorites:

Art supplies (markers, crayons, pencils)

Happy Meal Toys

Beanie Babies

Keychains

Mini Flashlights

Bubbles

Silly Putty

Silly String

Hair Things

Yo Yo

She also likes pocket knives but please don't flame an 8 year old. They're used under careful supervision.

Finally, she likes finding Irish things but that is not of general interest!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Please attend our seminar, "Geocaching for Time Travelers," which will be held two weeks ago.

I might like finding:

watercolor sets

costume jewelry

crayons

markers

games

playing cards

hair stuff

toys

coin purse

doll/doll house stuff

Oh, I can't think anymore, it's been a really long time since I was a little girl.

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

• Nail Polish
  • Dolls
  • Doll Clothes
  • Note sets (often contain themed note paper, stickers, pen, etc)
  • Beads & other costume jewelry
  • Gift certs or cards (toy store, book store, Bath & Bodyworks, restaurants
  • Makeup brush sets

Of course these are not by any means the only things I think big or little girls would be interested in, just a few that seem a little more on the feminine interest side.

T-storm

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

I like finding things that are handmade. Some cool things I have found in caches that I really liked are:

Telescoping magnets

A tiny little watercolor set that is a key chain, comes with brush and paper and water bottle and paint, it's so cool.

A dream catcher necklace from Save the Children (which I don't think I traded fairly for and had to go to Save the Children in Westport and spend $100 on cache stuff to fix my karma!)

A tiny Swiss Army knife.

Glass cutter - someday I might need it, if not my sister makes stained glass windows.

One of Ttepee's totem pouches.

Travel Games would be fun. you could even just sit and play a game and leave it in the cache for the next finder.

Hand warmers.

Camping gear.

If I think of anything else I'll post it.

Cache you later,

Planet

As I look back to what I've hidden, many "treasures" are gender neutral (how's that for political correctness?). Let's see, here's some:

- Six piece tool kit for glove compartment

- Small Bunji cords

- Car fuse kit

- Tire pressure gauge

- Scissors for kids

- Speedwheels car

- After Bite Insect Itch Reliever

- Garrity Pen Light

- Swingline Mini-stapler with staples

- Crayon and Pencil Sharpener

- Mini Jig-saw puzzle

- Playing cards

- Balloons

- AA batteries

Most of those could be used by men and women and/or children of both sexes.

Alan

Taking into consideration I never really played with Barbies when I was a kid, I agree that a lot of 'boy' stuff would be appreciated by girls as well.

Here's a few ideas, based on what I liked as a kid:

plastic parachute people (some places have animals/kid figures instead of army guys if you want to go more gender-neutral)

toy gliders- I loved balsawood ones with rubberbands that made them go farther. I also liked the cheap foam gliders. You can even find foam gliders that look like butterflies.

Popping 'eye' toys- the things you turn inside out and place on a table and watch them jump. Great way for both boys and girls to annoy the heck out of parents.

I've seen barrel-of-monkey keychains, complete with 10 monkeys. Might be cool for older 'kids' as well.

a classic: silly putty

I've seen these at orientaltrading.com, don't know how well they work, but appears to be a cool idea: Make your Own 1" rubber ball kits. Makes 2 balls, they have 12 kits for about $6, I think.

Another classic: cool looking toy balls of any type.

Small packages of goop/gak/slime...

Yet another classic: cool-looking tops

I've always liked those plastic Snoopy figurines you get on boxes of candy...

Toy whistles/train whistles/pretty much *anything* that makes noise

little brainteaser metal puzzles

cool looking pens/pencils (don't have to be 'girly')

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish..

quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel Nut:

Taking into consideration I never really played with Barbies when I was a kid, I agree that a lot of 'boy' stuff would be appreciated by girls as well.

I did play with Barbies when I was little, but we used to send them down the river, so they'd have to be rescued. I sometimes wonder if this is why I now have a canoe, kayak, inflatable kayak, and 10 inner tubes.

I agree, it doesn't have to be girly. I even dislike the word "girly" Is something Boyey? Like when people send back the fish, Oh this tastes fishy. How come no one ever sends back the steak saying Ewww, this tastes beefy?

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

As a rule, if it can go in the tub it's a keeper for my 4 year old. Animals of any size, shape, or species are very popular. Oriental trading sells plush animal hand puppets by the dozen, and these are easy to jam into stuffed ammo boxes, as opposed to the plastic and rubber animals. Lord, this hobby gives you some weird expertise.

I have taken pretty gender neutral stuff out of caches. Maybe I would take something like nail polish, but I doubt it. I did take a little stuffed alligator once that I suppose is kind of "girly."

I understand the Barbie rescue thing. Mine used to get left in trees for days until someone would climb up and get her.