A cache here?

icon_confused.gif

I was wondering the idea of of doing a little micro this fall on a trip to Disney World. I was thinking of putting it in one of the theme parks while we are down there. I havn't done a lot of looking to see if there has been anything like this, but wanted to get some ideas of what people thought about it. I know that a lot of people don't like vacation caches, since you won't be able to maintain them very well. I was thinking of doind a small magnetized container, or maybe even a geocaching rock micro. Any suggestions/thoughts?

Given the crowded nature and security I'm thinking inside the theme park would probably be a bad idea. With the general paranoi (SP) especially around children theres bound to be someone that see's something and calls the cops. But then again it would be the ultimate test in discretness.

There are 10 types of people in the world..those that understand binary and those that don't

Let’s forget all the caches that were approved before. New times have caused updates in the guidelines.

A) GC.com isn’t approving vacation caches (as you stated you can’t maintain it)

:D Disney World is private property (are you going to get permission?)

C) There are already caches in Disney World (they were approved before the game got huge )

D) You don’t seem to have a spot picked out.

Why don’t you find the caches that are down there already? If you can find the time. Every time I’ve been to Disney I’ve run out of time before I ran out of things to do.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

There are several caches that are inside theme parks. One is a virtual inside Universal Studios Orlando. Finding the cache was not nearly as difficult as finding a parking place.

Back to the subject. I personally would be very reluctant to place a cache without permission which is very unlikely. And second, unless I lived nearby, it would be difficult to do proper cache matenance.

Just some thoughts.

Hiemdahl

There was recently a post about someone's GPS being taken from them at Cedar Point in Ohio, for security purposes. Even if you were to get your GPS in the park, and mark a micro, future finder might get in trouble using their units. Just a thought.

Make a sanity check.migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

While I have had fun finding the Disney caches, I don't think its a good idea to place it. In my opinion, vacation caches are a bad idea.

That being said, you will have a ton of fun looking for caches in the Orlando area.

Ditto!

The caches that are in and around WDW are among my all time favorites, but under the current guidelines mentioned above, don't expect to get a new one approved.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.