Geo stickers for SoCal folk!

eightbit

fairly new to this, but have really enjoyed the 14 or 15 that I've found so far. decided i wanted to represent a bit and the normal GEO and GPS stickers from Groundspeak just didn't do it for me so i decided to make my own.

the stickers look like this...

geosticker.jpg

...and are cut vinyl instead of solid stickers. the vinyl is white and the picture above is designed to show how it will look on the back window of a car where it belongs.

i will be placing them in various caches in the next several months if you're interested it obtaining one. they will mostly be in the I.E. area of Southern California as that's where I'm from although i am likely to do a couple non-local caches here and there. when I log it on the site, i will be sure to note that i've put one there. please don't take it unless you or someone you know is going to put it on their car.

hope you like them!

Brian

quote:
Originally posted by eightbit:

when I log it on the site, i will be sure to note that i've put one there. please don't take it unless you or someone you know is going to put it on their car.

hope you like them!

Brian

Brian. I could drive to your house and get one of those. Wish you could put a cacher on a watch list to find out where they've been. icon_wink.gif

Webfoot frog.gif

5307_800.jpg

Yeah, sure....but did he use a GPSr to find it?

I would love to find one of those in a chache here in SWPA!

Edit: How much did it cost to get those made? Was it local or on the internet?

-stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a DSL connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif

I've had a number of requests for the sticker from people out of my area. I'm very glad some of you like them but i think on this first batch i'll just be using them as a thank you for the SoCal people who have been so kind and helpful to a newbie and those brave souls who venture into my hood to cache. icon_smile.gif

brian (eightbit)

quote:

i'll just be using them as a thank you for the SoCal people who have been so kind and helpful to a newbie and those brave souls who venture into my hood to cache. icon_smile.gif

Have you started dropping them yet? You were at my cache two days ago. icon_smile.gif

Webfoot frog.gif

5307_800.jpg

quote:

I've had a number of requests for the sticker from people out of my area. I'm very glad some of you like them but i think on this first batch i'll just be using them as a thank you for the SoCal people who have been so kind and helpful to a newbie and those brave souls who venture into my hood to cache. icon_smile.gif

I've found a few in your area, can you send me one? icon_smile.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

I've found a few in your area, can you send me one? icon_smile.gif

+ http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=28718 (in Upland, even!)

+ http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=4864 (Rancho Cucamonga)

+ http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=17397 (Rancho Cucamonga)

+ http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=14687 (Alta Loma)

You and I might have met. Did you talk to me on my deck when you were finding the All Aboard cache? That was a fun cache to hide. I got to meet quite a few geocachers before we moved in June.

Webfoot frog.gif

5307_800.jpg

quote:

As usual, not as much caching time as I'd like! Still, managed to drop some of the stickers (5 currently) off at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=65479 today. Thought I might mention it here as it won't show up as a new find for me.

...oh, and Webfoot, yours is being delivered. icon_smile.gif

Oh really?

This should be interesting. I could dash out to Horses and Hockey, but I've already been to that one and I wouldn't want to be accused of raiding an already found cache just for some booty. icon_wink.gif

5307_1000.gif

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

You and I might have met. Did you talk to me on my deck when you were finding the All Aboard cache? That was a fun cache to hide. I got to meet quite a few geocachers before we moved in June.

Yes! We have 'met'!

The wife grew up in Rancho Cucamonga and used to walk home down the tracks from RC Jr High to Red Hill. (It's a middle school now, but was called a Jr High then)

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Yes! We have 'met'!

The wife grew up in Rancho Cucamonga and used to walk home down the tracks from RC Jr High to Red Hill. (It's a middle school now, but was called a Jr High then)

OK. Here's the some more weirdness. If her Junior High was on Hellman Ave. and if she attended there in the last 20 years, she could know me since I'm a teacher at that school. icon_wink.gif

5307_1000.gif

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

yes, i took that into consideration. i decided it was more for identifying other geocachers than as a form of advertising. the "G" logo is pretty well recognized within geocaching folk...so the sticker serves its purpose well. plus, i thought it looked nicer. icon_smile.gif

brian (eightbit)

sigavatar.gif