New cache vehicle?

Swagger

I just wanted to reiterate what a couple other people said about the Jeeps. You can get a pretty good one fairly cheap. Around here I've seen the 97 Wrangler 2.5 liter going for about $4500. That's not too bad. That should get around 20 MPG, which isn't great, but hey. They are very easy to work on. Especially if you get an older one. Before I had my Jeep I would always take my vehicles somewhere else to get fixed. With the Jeep I've done everything by myself. Which reminds me, if you get a Jeep try and buy a Factory Service Manual for your year, or at least a Haynes manual. That will become invaluable.

Here's my Jeep:

101_0108.sized.jpg

It's a '91 YJ. It had an inline 6 when I bought it, but that was showing its age. Now it's got a Chevy 400 in it. I plan on getting some beefier axles and some lockers on it before too long. Great vehicle for caching. Nothing beats the open air feel of the Jeep.

--RuffRidr

http://users.ev1.net/~breaktrack/images/Photos/XJ/MVC-323S.JPG

My Cachemobile, a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4 door, 4 wheel drive. Goes anywhere, gets decent milage, and holds the kids and all their stuff on our road trips. Wouldn't trade it for anything at this point. Very reliable and fun to drive. You can find these used for a very reasonable price.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

the deuce and a half you show is worth a ton. the axles are indestructible. i have seen people get them stuck though. the low transfer would allow you to pull down a house. i would buy it if i had 5k to blow!!! nice addition to my driveway, and i would drive it to the next truck meet.

robbie

wings_flag.gif

A family that Geocaches together... eventually gets wet.

required reading

My first bible

Great Orienteering Site!

PERSONAL PROTECTIVE MEASURES AGAINST INSECTS AND OTHER ARTHROPODS OF MILITARY SIGNIFICANCE

quote:
Originally posted by Theole34:

the deuce and a half you show is worth a ton. the axles are indestructible. i have seen people get them stuck though. the low transfer would allow you to pull down a house. i would buy it if i had 5k to blow!!! nice addition to my driveway, and i would drive it to the next truck meet.

Yeah I've wanted one for a while now, but I just can't justify it. I really don't have any need for it. I just think it would be a fun toy.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970