Bad Day

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Has anyone else had an experience hunting a cache like we had I don't usually write such long logs, but I had to this time. What is your worst caching story?

Wow, you had a really bad day!!

Actually, the kids and I have not had a day as bad as that, I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed Rio Rancho and the surrounding area during the various exercises I attended with your 111th Air Defense Artillery Brigade of the New Mexico National Guard located there. I made something like six trips in four years and loved it there.

I even got to hit a few of your local caches while I was there last year. I recently retired from the reserves so I no longer make the trip. The unit I was in was the 75th Division (Training Support) which, by the way, was activated in January for active duty.

I truly hope you have a better day the next time you go caching, LOL.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Wow! Those are some tough thorns. And Brian, what are Phra??? (I can't spell it), vegetative I would guess but I am unsure if I know what they are.

Our worst day was last Sept when we destroyed the oil pan of a rental car while attempting a step of the 12 Step Program. We did get the step, but we had to hike 2.5 miles to get to the nearest phone. We hadn't gotten the rental insurance and had to pay for the fix and the towing. Next time we will rent a tougher vehicle, and get the insurance. The rental car was due to our regular car's transmission going out- worn out from too much caching- and not actually for caching with.icon_smile.gif

-Jennifer

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

I had a long caching trip kinda like yours, except we didn't have bikes and we went the wrong way everytime. It all happend on the BOOTY BOX Cache back in July of 2002. Heres the log...

July 28, 2002 by Cwlutterloh

Geezz What a hike!!! Went to this cache with Sonoma and kids. After the long drive out there we decided on a starting point. We went down a road that dead ended into a boat dock. The GPS said the Cache was about 1.5 mile on the other side of the lake.

We decided on a route we ended up takeing the long way around by mistake! After losing the trail many times for various reasons we were getting very tired and the youngins we very cranky. Lost the trail about 4 times, ran into 2-3 snakes, Spider webs out the wazzoo and have been hiking for almost 3 hours we decided just to F the trail and take the most direct route to the Cache.

After finding the Cache we found a trail that took us strait to the road (Man I wish we had parked there... but we didn't) we still had another 4-5 miles back to the car. I decided to leave Sonoma with the Girls and run ahead to get the car and come back to get them. (Turns out my 2-3 mile run after a 8-10 mile hike went in vain) along came Sonoma who had cought a ride with a fellow hiker and drove up the road (were I was still running tring to get to the car) and picked me up as well and took us back to the car.

None the less we had a BIG work out saw a Wild turkey and I saw a Deer run right in front of me while I was on my jog. It was a good Cache! Beauiful View from a Tower we stopped by! Took Travel bug and Bouncey ball left a stuffed Roo and Pooh and a Tigger sticker.

quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer & Dean:

Wow! Those are some tough thorns. And Brian, what are Phra??? (I can't spell it), vegetative I would guess but I am unsure if I know what they are.

Phragmites australis, or common reed, is a wetland plant species found in every U.S. state.

It can grow up to 6 meters high in dense stands and is long-lived.

11small2.jpg

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.