The perfect geocaching clothing?

on a more practical note.. that bug clothes looks like something a homeless person would wear..

i use long sleeve shirts, jeans, and high top hiking boots. i have had really good luck at old navy stores in the clearance section. they sometimes have olive drab shirts or other subdued colors and you can get them for under $5 each at times. all of my geocaching is done at night so dark colors are best in case i have to "disapear". sometimes you run into strange things so being able to fade into the night helps.

the long sleeves, hightop boots and jeans do a great job of protecting the skin from those spiny things in the weeds. i hate those little buggers.

urbo

When going on a longer walk to a cache location, while it may be a bit extreme to wear a full suit such as Anders, the material itself is much more comfortable when walking long distances than jeans. Although it doesn’t offer the same protection from thorns and such.

This is from a cache with a couple mile hike in and out.

206404_400.JPG

Another Cacher in the area that we have met on hunts, has given us the nicknames “Sam and Sally Spandex”

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Don't be afraid of Anders ... But I agree that the outfit could get you shot in parts of the country icon_biggrin.gif

Wouldn't it be a lot worse if one actually got shot in a part of ones body?? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Besides, it's getting a little annoying to just have to get into that suit each time I go geocaching, but after all that enthusiasm (pun!) it caused, I promised myself not to go without a suit like that. Just to give you something to talk about. Besides, there aren't that many guns around in this country.

Thinking about it, since it has some relation, I found a cache recently where there was the perfect geocaching vehicle. No ticks will affect that one! Just check it out.

24148_200.jpg

Anders

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Don't be afraid of Anders ... But I agree that the outfit could get you shot in parts of the country icon_biggrin.gif

Wouldn't it be a lot worse if one actually got shot in a part of ones body?? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Besides, it's getting a little annoying to just have to get into that suit each time I go geocaching, but after all that enthusiasm (pun!) it caused, I promised myself not to go without a suit like that. Just to give you something to talk about. Besides, there aren't that many guns around in this country.

Thinking about it, since it has some relation, I found a cache recently where there was the perfect geocaching vehicle. No ticks will affect that one! Just check it out.

24148_200.jpg

Anders

quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:

When going on a longer walk to a cache location, while it may be a bit extreme to wear a full suit such as Anders, the material itself is much more comfortable when walking long distances than jeans. Although it doesn’t offer the same protection from thorns and such.

Another Cacher in the area that we have met on hunts, has given us the nicknames “Sam and Sally Spandex”

Looks like standard backpacking wear: Shorts over thermals. Great for mobility, bad for thorns and spines!

Still, I prefer to go light since I live in a hot, humid climate. After a while, the scratches don't really hurt! icon_eek.gif

Bluespreacher

quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:

Looks like standard backpacking wear: Shorts over thermals. Great for mobility, bad for thorns and spines!

Still, I prefer to go light since I live in a hot, humid climate. After a while, the scratches don't really hurt! icon_eek.gif

Bluespreacher

Blues preach.....

You're right after a while the scratches don't hurt anymore. I walked through a wild rose bush area last weekend.......!ithin 5 minutes I was just numb to it all.....but two hours after caching the "novicaine" wore off!

Info sponge.......so the couple is suited up (?) for tick reduction. I've hear if you hike sans clothing the ticks have nothing to stick to....or do they....censor strips. One wonders.

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

I've heard from serveral people and also read that ticks are less of an issue if you hike in the buff. My theory is that they look for a constricted area to settle in, and without clothing there's less of those areas, or at least you see the tick before they get there. With clothing, the ticks movements just fade into the "background noise" of your clothing moving against your body.

I do not have any personal confirmation of this theory one way or the other. A double-blind controlled experiment is in order! :-)

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

Info sponge.......so the couple is suited up (?) for tick reduction. I've hear if you hike sans clothing the ticks have nothing to stick to....or do they....censor strips. One wonders.

Originally posted by infosponge:

I've heard from serveral people and also read that ticks are less of an issue if you hike in the buff. My theory is that they look for a constricted area to settle in, and without clothing there's less of those areas, or at least you see the tick before they get there. With clothing, the ticks movements just fade into the "background noise" of your clothing moving against your body.

I do not have any personal confirmation of this theory one way or the other. A double-blind controlled experiment is in order! :-)

icon_wink.gif So are there any Nudists Communities out there with hidden caches so we can test this theory? icon_biggrin.gif

The harder you work,the harder it is to give up.

Vince Lombarde

Originally posted by infosponge:

icon_wink.gif So are there any Nudists Communities out there with hidden caches so we can test this theory? icon_biggrin.gif

The harder you work,the harder it is to give up.

Vince Lombarde