Removing Scratches from Screen

I've worried about quite a bit. So before mine Sportrac Pro received very many I put a scratch resisted flim over the screen. The type that are put on the PDA's screen. When it get's dirty or to scratched, just remove and place new one on.

Tickridge Photography

Where we

"Line'em up and Shoot'em all"

Around the power plant we use a product called NOVUS. It comes in 3 bottles. Coarse, Medium, and Fine. I have used it on my cell phone, my ham radio handheld, and the Garmin Summit GPS owned by Franklin Mountain State Park. (I also use it for plant stuff too icon_biggrin.gif)

In the case if the Park GPS, one of the rangers FELL on it, and part of the screen was unreadable. It took a bit of work, by hand. But the end result was the rangers can read it again. It does work.

It is not magic... it will not fill cracks, and polishing out gouges while possible will take work. Butt for sand-dust-dirt and other minor scratches, it does the job. Dunno where to buy it. And a few drops of it goes a LONG way.

Good luck.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

Using the Find Box at the top of the forums, there are lot's of reference's to scratched screens...Try this link Markwell ...hope this helps...R

Without your brain, a map is a piece of coloured paper, a compass is a glorified magnet, and a GPS is a waterproof battery case." " Foothills SAR "

I own a e-trex vista and I have a carry case that has a heavy plastic see-through cover on the case, the outside gets beat up a little but the screen is fine, it cost about $15 but spend a little money in the short run, saves headaches in the long run.

Never heard of Novus but I have used Mirror Glaze which is a plastic polish. It has uses on aircraft windows and motorcyle screens that I know of. I've used it on Game boy screens and it did ok. That Novus with the multi grit system might have done better.

This christmas I got some GPS screen condoms. They work well. I've only used one since christmas since I try to take care of my screen anyway. Wish I could say the same for the PDA.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Another product which works well is something called DISPLEX. It's marketed for cellular phone display scratches... but I have used it for PDA screens and it works fine... so I would assume that the GPSr screens would benefit as well. I found it at the US distributor at www.ebuca.com, hope this helps.

"Remember... nothing is completly worthless!!... it can always be used as a bad example"!