Pictures from Barnard's castle, not Barnard Castle

Postie

Postie - this web page is pointing to jpg files on YOUR c: drive. Since you're permanently connected to your c: drive, you'll see the page fine. The problem is, the rest of us just see a big blank page with all the photos missing(!)

You'll need to change the page as per simonG's suggestion (and also need to make sure that all the jpgs have been uploaded to your web server!)

quote:
Originally posted by The Good Shepherds:

Postie - this web page is pointing to jpg files on YOUR c: drive. Since you're permanently connected to your c: drive, you'll see the page fine. The problem is, the rest of us just see a big blank page with all the photos missing(!)

You'll need to change the page as per simonG's suggestion (and also need to make sure that all the jpgs have been uploaded to your web server!)

As the Good Shepherds point out the old page lets me see the pics fine, so I won't know when the fresh link is working. Some one will have to let me know!! Ta

( I think I will go and have a lie down now!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif )

(Every one needs a bigger letterbox!)

quote:
Originally posted by The Northumbrian:

They are realy good Rob, Strange how everyone seems to have a blank look about them icon_biggrin.gif Now tell the truth, You forgot to put a film in the camera icon_wink.gif

Nige

Or maybe the inside of the camera lens-cap is white with a small rectangle containing a red cross in the corner, and you forgot to remove it?

icon_wink.gif

Rich

mobilis in mobili

Problem no.1, the link to the web page has a space in it so when you post it to this site it gets mangled by the UBB code parser. This might work (replace the space by %20). On the whole, spaces in URLs are just too much trouble. I use a hyphen "-" usually.

Problem no.2 the links on this page end in full stops which is what is breaking them. The easiest way to fix it is to open the html file on your PC in notepad and manually remove the full stops. i.e. any bit like this: Who1.jpg. needs to change to Who1.jpg

The images are there, so that will fix everything. BTW the first one looks like Chris of "Chris Norman Maria" fame.

Another thing to be aware of is that the directory /file part of a URL is case sensitive (an unfortunate hangover from Unix file names).

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching