North West Cachers

Hi,

Is there anybody out there planning a meet for us North-West cachers? If so we'd love to come. If not I'd like to test the water for interest, so post here or mail us via our profile and we'll see about setting one up for August.

In the meantime... heading south for the HCC... we started in Hampshire and Booshka's folks live down there, so it's a sort of homecoming. See you all there!

Cheers,

Natty

One or two of us in South Lancashire have been thinking about this for a while, but have done nothing yet. So who is interested indeed?

Suggestions for venue, time, type of event might just kick it off. Plus of course someone with the time and facilities to organize. How about seeing how things go on the 19th and then see if any of the NW counties might be interested. Cheshire seem to be very active in promoting their country parks and one of the Warrington rangers is a geocacher.

Member Geocaching Association of GB

quote:
Originally posted by jstead:

One or two of us in South Lancashire have been thinking about this for a while, but have done nothing yet. So who is interested indeed?

Suggestions for venue, time, type of event might just kick it off. Plus of course someone with the time and facilities to organize. How about seeing how things go on the 19th and then see if any of the NW counties might be interested. Cheshire seem to be very active in promoting their country parks and one of the Warrington rangers is a geocacher.

Sounds like Cheshire could be the place then... will be at HCC and faily conspicuous so we could have a chin-wag there. Will speac to Cheshire County Council soon after HCC and see what they say!

Sounds good to me! I love attending the Southern cache events but the bit in the middle (the roadworks on the M1; there are always roadworks on the M1 icon_frown.gif ) is less than welcome. It'd be great to have something right here on my doorstep and meet up with some local cachers. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

GeocacheUK - resources for the UK Geocaching community.

I'm in South Yorkshire but right on the edge of M1 corridor (yay!) so work commitments permitting, we might be able to attend!

Hmm, thats more of a threat than a promise isn't it? icon_wink.gif

Sam

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

I'm up for the weekend of the 30th/31st - I am planning to do the 3 peaks (Terrain 5 Geocaches...) in the Yorkshire Dales the weekend before.

The two locations Seasider has mentioned sound a good bet - close to Motorways etc. Also, maybe Ranger Nigel could get permission for us to use the park......? (And I haven't done these caches so thats another good reason!!!)

Count me in icon_biggrin.gif.

Ranger Nigel has kindly replied to our request to use one of his parks as follows:-

'Yes thats ok to use one of Warrington Parks, I've cleared it for Birchwood Forest Park, which is one of the parks that I work at. Don't know whether I will be able to make it on the 31st, however I might be able to set up some interesting Virtual Caches for the day... Birchwood Forest Park was built on the site of a Royal Ordnance Factory from WW2 and there are a few intersting things still to be seen. If you want me to set these up can you give me an idea of how many and how long you expect to be caching for?'

Could you indicate by the middle of next week if you are coming so we can get things organised.

Cheers!

Seasider

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction!

Hi,

Thanks Seasider... let's do it! Sorry we've not been much use after suggesting this, but we are back now. 31st the best day for us. Do we need to contact Ranger Nigel by email? We'll be able to go over and meet him if required any day but tomorrow. May also be handy to get a waypoint up on here so we can get one of those when over there.

Have already contacted Ranger Nigel and he is creating a series of virtual caches for us.

My e-mail is down at the mo so will e-mail you and Nigel this evening when the techy guys have sorted out the problem.

Seasider

This is looking good - thanks to Seasider and NattyBooska and of course Nigel. I hope I will be able to help but was wondering if it is being registered as an Event Cache. I am not sure what the rules are except that it is necessary for the get together to have some Geocaching content. How that fits with Nigel's Virtuals I am not sure. Perhaps someone with experience can help.

Member Geocaching Association of GB

I have approved the event cache.

And have a great time all of you!!!!!

However, I have said that unless there is a VERY good reason why these should stand for all times as virtuals the cache will have to be archived after the event.

Now there's a good topic for discussion in the pub that night!

Eckington

We are all systems go... Thanks to seasider and Nigel... will be going over with a view to adding a couple of temp reg caches for the day.

There is a 10 part virtual for the day, and this will be used as the event cache itself... will go and check it out with Seasider and get an answer sheet for on the day.

Times to follow... bring picnic stuff!

The cache

Event is now registered - as soon as the wonderful Mr Eckington approves it that is!

The location is great as the M6 & M62 are close by. However,as neither myself nor Natty Booshka live in the area we still need to nip down in the next couple of days to find a pub, meet Ranger Nigel and lay some physical caches.

Keep watching the event page for updates!

Cheers!

Seasider

Aha!

I think we need to either reclassify Ranger Nigel's cache as a multi or remove it (if it is temporary acording to the rules) and we will hand out details of it along with the other 4 physical caches we are doing on the day itself.

The cache I've submitted this morning should be registered as the one and only event cache -which will keep things consistent with other event caches.

Cheers!

Seasider