Is Geocaching 3D??

wing-co

Does anyone know of any caches where altitude or height forms a significant part of the hunt?

I don't mean 6' up a tree. I don't even mean halfway up a mountain. What I mean is where lat & long only give you 2 of the 3 parts to the puzzle.

I've got this idea, you see.......

bad_boy_a.gif

quote:
Originally posted by wing-co:

Does anyone know of any caches where altitude or height forms a significant part of the hunt?

I don't mean 6' up a tree. I don't even mean halfway up a mountain. What I mean is where lat & long only give you 2 of the 3 parts to the puzzle.

I've got this idea, you see.......

bad_boy_a.gif

Never heard of one. Does this mean I'm going to have to check 0.1Miles vertically as well as horizontally when approving new caches now? icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

------------------------------

Chill out - I'm doing my best!

Interesting.

I was thinking of placing a cache in a cave, down a tunnel. That would mean that the co-ordinates would point you to a location above the cache on a path, basically no where near finding the cache.

I reckon I'd need to put a few spoilers in otherwise people would really be tearing their hair out !!

Please visit our website - http://www.moonspace.co.uk/moonherb

quote:
Originally posted by wing-co:

This old one of ours plots to an interesting place on streetmap.co.uk.

Needless to say, it was not on the central reservation of the M62 but under a tree some 150ft below the road.

------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

quote:
Originally posted by Subarite:

I have done two caches that had a significant vertical component and in both cases I was at the wrong level icon_biggrin.gif.

I have to say, we had a little problem with this one, though I suspect we would have still travelled the wrong route even if we were given the height!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid={2A221E90-DDD8-4B29-AEE8-95C12E2FC1A1}