Official Geocaching application for Android

Official Geocaching application for Android doesn't work. Still falling down just to one second!!!!

Do something. I know that almost nobody use this app. But I use this like a messenger and to compose my logs.

Hurry up!

I am waiting. And I am sooo nervous!

• Funny 2
  • Surprised 1
1 hour ago, roxetak said:

Official Geocaching application for Android doesn't work. Still falling down just to one second!!!!

Do something. I know that almost nobody use this app. But I use this like a messenger and to compose my logs.

Hurry up!

I am waiting. And I am sooo nervous!

Maybe you could be just a little bit more specific? I use this app exclusively and mine is not falling down. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling.

I don't understand. I delete all application data. Doesn't help. But I uninstalled yet. And install application again. It seems be good and working. Thanks

• Upvote 1

I'm having the same problem.

I uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled the app about a week ago and everything seemed to work, then today it's happening again.

This is a Samsung s10 Active running Android, of course.

It's up for a few seconds, then it goes away and I get this message:

image.jpeg.ed04ad073360cd84b888abdd8d3b49a0.jpeg

When I tap "Close App" it all goes away, but then, tapping the three thingies on the left to display my open apps:

image.jpeg.3e27b1608fa55268e84f051d0f6b78c3.jpeg

Looks like it's actually still active. Tapping it just starts it all over. 

Sounds like it's becoming a more common problem. Any suggestions? I'm offline.

29 minutes ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

I'm having the same problem.

Apparently, there are some crashing issues with versions 9.45 and 9.46. In at least some instances, it is being caused by Talkback. Turning that off, dismissing the tooltip banner on the map, then turning Talkback on again seems to correct it. You might give that a try. If not, I'd suggest writing in to our support team.

5 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

Apparently, there are some crashing issues with versions 9.45 and 9.46. In at least some instances, it is being caused by Talkback. Turning that off, dismissing the tooltip banner on the map, then turning Talkback on again seems to correct it. You might give that a try. If not, I'd suggest writing in to our support team.

I'm running Android version 9, and I don't have Talkback installed.

I guess I'll try writing support. Thanks.

My geocaching isn't crashing, but I am also chalk-full of glitches at the moment (starting a few days ago).

Selected icons are overlapped, multiple icons selected at once (both seen in below photo), deleted images still showing up in gallery after reloading and restarting app...

OnePlus 6 Android Version 11 Latest Geocaching Update

AP1GczPmqeqhD1ymevDCpnEy7AVTyGZ8_CQeJVxSUPLV-f6OCxA7XZqyRO6mbu6HSIFeJmRQozpSXkLKttoSGatrpn-lBCDak-B6IjO4CpG4ozBLqf1k8GqP-LZtDBgm6_dINSjVdVXoVvNc8ePeKWyVOdjdU5iWf38M5cckUY272vCGJF447lqBU_qdpI1H5jC7QQdOkPs9JODhDTDHnsPyi3roEI1Frpfn2X1rU5GErHQ5jPUdGSGwKj964k8OTpI9794INpejt3RYMrC8-zhyxFzK2zuZpI-st5hHMMAhcILn7nMzZTE3jAkCHncXPskGfxQ2jA8hWhjtPAy6gVcfGIljdics8l1AoJQIvC3s0JSYyEHMwoPB7T9oCc4Re2MquGCjI8fbWrYrNmNHoIH1duT2elayi2KdP43x3Zzpkpkr3qswxl1PwpTWCV05o_DRWz6BjzabZw029RGeS_FPLCiNOUBK1KeiwtQUD_8h0SLqkQCdNsOkZsqdf79r-Bw56bC3PGdpJSKXMYy-cMYSO2Afobtloy7qeze3H1t53LaW5TonJ8P3WD8f8gntP5IDILxf7vmw9QbdAOCH-Lo_RSUHcZh2gF7OzA_ujbw6_wcMDkx1efYzO5iyndXbbRogHgP9cMXLYhiRAK2qHaN7vN0v3leIyyo_XlRcqoEfrVYYNpQDsyYK9hTz8eW_MsysF6ff6X8D12FXsoN7iasG-E3Vcd1fVBByajVRkwPIzbsEhccsx44jT6OFeCoPpZoFTGBc9QqOtyuKic99aofQq2OJet2H89NdP557qolG5z7RYdD3hak-vtXlKgKnQTQDWrOJt-ne0eLrR_PF5Cea87eBk7wIvZzzHpKEbClrSHbhWJkupI4U8Zo0M0u5piLE4AAMqYBlOmOXEZU_BARc3YPwewQm=w392-h827-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Edited by The_Jumping_Pig
  • Surprised 1

I've also got the same issue - the timing corresponded with the update a few days back that caused the problem with the link to your profile from your avatar (which was subsequently fixed).  I have Pixel Pro 8 with everything 'up to date' in terms of apps and android versions.  This is the only app which is problematic.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  It seems to work the very first time after installation but then fails once closed and every subsequent time of opening.  I'm not sure what Talkback is, but the app won't stay open long enough to make and config changes. :(  I mostly use c:geo for but it is useful in some circumstances and I often use it for messaging and the live-map in particular.  Hoping for a swift resolution to this.