Bats in the Belfry

Though still in need of a couple of tweaks, the Bat Boxes category has been created and is ready for your perusal & input.

I see that a distance limitation hasn't yet been implemented, which we need to get to, hopefully this afternoon.

It's intended that it reside in the Animals Department.

The Scrooge

11 hours ago, FamilieFrohne said:

Hmmm ... no reactions since the opening post on Friday. Normally I see some feedback on a new category within 24 hours latest ...

Are all waymarkers out in the fields so that they do not have time to look into the forum?

Yeah, Erik. It's deathly quiet here. (BTW, thanks yet again for the icon. From past experience I know that our Wayfroggie can be a touch particular about the design of icons, but I see that yours adheres quite closely, if not perfectly, to formerly stated requirements, desires and demands.)

batsinthebelfry.gif.1531425aa120d64a77e459ba35e7ffa5.gif

It's now February. Maybe the Waymarkers have entered into their winter torpor and will not be seen, or heard from, again until late March or early April.

Still, that fails to explain the complete silence from those Down Under, not to mention those of the lower latitudes.

Anyhow, with, as I write this, 95 views and no comments, relying on the "No News Is Good News" adage, we might as well send it to peer review.

The Scrooge

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Love 1
On 2/2/2024 at 8:21 PM, ScroogieII said:

Though still in need of a couple of tweaks, the Bat Boxes category has been created and is ready for your perusal & input.

I see that a distance limitation hasn't yet been implemented, which we need to get to, hopefully this afternoon.

It's intended that it reside in the Animals Department.

The Scrooge

I just saw the description of the category. I think it's well written...however, I can foresee the officers getting a lot of work sorting out bat boxes, bird houses, squirrel boxes and geocaches :-)
By the way, it is a good idea to have instructions for a homemade bat box

• Funny 1
30 minutes ago, Walking Boots said:

I can foresee the officers getting a lot of work sorting out bat boxes, bird houses, squirrel boxes and geocaches :-)

Yes, that has occurred to me, but it's an issue that comes with the territory, so we'll have to accept it.

Keith

On 2/6/2024 at 2:40 PM, Smurffaaja said:

I do have one bat box on our summer cottage. Never seen any bats going there.

However we have one batman mansion over here. Perhaps batcave too...

And this might well make it the easiest category you will ever achieve, Kai, doncha think?

The Scrooge