Geocaching FTF Filter

The_Jumping_Pig

Hello,

It seems to be a not too uncommon occurence that FTFs get 'forgotten', not to be found for months or years after posting. However, I do not know an easy way to filter for FTFs, and I am wondering if there is one. 

Yes, I know you can set up notifications (which I already have) and also look for 'new' geocaches in your area on the home page, but is there a map filter on geocaching or a partner application that lets you see only unfound geocaches? Especially while on road trips, I think it would be great to be able to see FTFs in your area easily.

The closest that I have found to this is on partner apps such as Geooh Go where you can filter for <1 find, but that only loads 300 geocaches at a time (and for some reason, it loads geocaches that don't qualify into that 300, i believe). This makes it difficult to search vast(ish) expanses of area.

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, The_Jumping_Pig said:

is there a map filter on geocaching or a partner application that lets you see only unfound geocaches?

Yes, Cachly has an FTF indicator & filter option in lists.

Edited by Hügh
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, The_Jumping_Pig said:

It seems to be a not too uncommon occurence that FTFs get 'forgotten', not to be found for months or years after posting.

However, I do not know an easy way to filter for FTFs, and I am wondering if there is one. 

Yes, I know you can set up notifications (which I already have) and also look for 'new' geocaches in your area on the home page, but is there a map filter on geocaching or a partner application that lets you see only unfound geocaches? Especially while on road trips, I think it would be great to be able to see FTFs in your area easily.

That's odd, on the other side of the state, and the other 2/3rds was a FTF monster.  She'd meet other people after midnight in pajamas.  :laughing:

For some time, higher D/T caches had a lack of FTF, but after this old fart started rope climbing and wading to caches, others asked about gear and that ended too.    :)

Are these new, "no finds" hiders?  The other 2/3rds stopped "Beta Testing" no finds 'COs' after her last was 400' off...

The only reason we became premium members was Notifications of new caches out, and we won a geocoin when Groundspeak had a survey on "Why did you become a Premium Member".      I used to refresh the "newest" link under "Search your Home Location" on our profile too.

"Newest" was one of the biggest things removed I actually missed. Maybe HQ couldn't remove it from basic members...

Notifications and scanning gave us 350 FTFs, and we stopped counting after that.  Simple.

As a premium member, you can set up a Pocket Query where you check the box saying "Have Not Been Found."  Remember that the results of your Pocket Query are available in the official Smartphone apps, just like any Lists that you create.

• Helpful 3
On 1/27/2024 at 12:52 PM, Keystone said:

As a premium member, you can set up a Pocket Query where you check the box saying "Have Not Been Found."  Remember that the results of your Pocket Query are available in the official Smartphone apps, just like any Lists that you create.

This.

And, you can view the map preview link of the PQ without setting the PQ to run, and then view that link at any time to see a view of all the unfound caches in the chosen region to see if you're near any ;)