Google pixel 8 for geocaching and adventure labs

jeff-trex

I have a iphone 12 that is up for replacement under a two year contract and i am looking to replace it with a google pixel 8 can get a better deal on the pixel 8 right now. 

Just wondering  if others use a pixel 8 for geocaching app and adventure lab app  does it work well for caching an adventure labs  the google pixel 8 looks like my best option for a new phone on my budget. 

I have a pixel 8 pro that I use with Locus for caching.  It is a great combination.  I have an iPhone but I like the Locus maps better than anything I have found elsewhere — although OSMAnd also has great maps it’s nice to have caching integrated with Locus,.

Both models of the Pixel 8 have dual band gnss — it has always me where I need to go. 

The main transition issues might be with other iMessage and other Apple apps that do not have Android versions.  

• Upvote 1

I just upgraded from a Galaxy S10 to a Pixel 8 a few months ago. The Pixel 8 has been great, locking onto GPS very well for a phone, and also gets incredibly bright for easy reading outside. The battery life is average, don't expect this to be an endurance device.I just upgraded from a Galaxy S10 to a Pixel 8 a few months ago. The Pixel 8 has been great, locking onto GPS very well for a phone, and also gets incredibly bright for easy reading outside. The battery life is average, don't expect this to be an endurance device.

On 1/4/2024 at 2:46 AM, Mausebiber said:

I have the Samsung S10 and the picture quality is incredibly good, I don't want anything less.

Recently moved from the S10 to the Pixel 8 myself. Very impressed with the photo quality. I thought that the S10's shots were great, but now they look pretty outdated compared to what I've shot with the Pixel. Makes for some great photos for logs haha.