Bad news

Alfouine

I am going to explain what happened recently in one of the category that i manage as officer

I take an example and i am not going to give any names.

For example, in pyramid category, a waymarker publish a cone structure.

I decline the waymark and write, it's not a pyramid but a cone.

But the waymarker explains that in the past, cone structure has been approved so i have to approve it

I decline the waymark one more time explaining that is not really serious and i can not publish a cone in a pyramid category.

In this category we are 4 officers, two really active, one active and one inactive. The waymarker involved is an officer of this category.

The waymarker called for a vote for his own waymark, he contacted the other active officer and 10 minutes after the waymark was approved, i did not have time to vote and as we are four, two positives votes were enough.

So now we have a cone structure in pyramid category and when a waymarker beginner will submit a cone structure in pyramid category, how is it possible to explain why you decline his waymark while officer of the category can publish cone structure ?

According to me, this is the end of the game when few officers work together to publish anything in a category.

I am really confused and upset about what happened and I really need to know your point of view.

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 2
3 hours ago, Alfouine said:

I am really confused and upset about what happened and I really need to know your point of view.

Leave that kind of Kindergarten game and get a better mental health. It's that easy.

Edited by HHL
  • Upvote 2
  • Surprised 1

Now you really confused me, because I am an officer in Pyramids too, and I have not noticed anything special going on.

All right, it was just an example and I am not living in an alternative reality. Now I am relieved.:lostsignal:

You can check the situation with officer three and re-evaluate if they agree.

4 hours ago, fi67 said:

Now you really confused me, because I am an officer in Pyramids too, and I have not noticed anything special going on.

All right, it was just an example and I am not living in an alternative reality. Now I am relieved.:lostsignal:

You can check the situation with officer three and re-evaluate if they agree.

When you are 4 officers, 2 positive votes are enough, so officer three will not change anything

5 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Learned something new, although certainly it rarely comes up! So what you're saying is that a group vote prevents a waymark from being reevaluated at a later time?

No of course, i could reevaluate the waymark and decline it

May be i will do that...

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Alfouine said:

When you are 4 officers, 2 positive votes are enough, so officer three will not change anything

No, I did not mean officer four, who is inactive anyway. Maybe the third active officer was not aware that he was abused as part of a coup by a problem waymarker and might change his opinion.

1 hour ago, fi67 said:

No, I did not mean officer four, who is inactive anyway. Maybe the third active officer was not aware that he was abused as part of a coup by a problem waymarker and might change his opinion.

The third officer is not really active, as i am officer in a lot of categories with him, he has a lot of waymark to review especially mine, but he did not review these waymarks and astonishingly he voted 45 minutes after the vote call.

It could be a coincidence, bus as this officer does exactly the same thing with his own waymark declined, it's not a coincidence, it's their way to play the game.

• Upvote 1

Pyramid category was an example, as i do not want to give any names, i will not give the real category name where the problem happened. And in the real category the enrollment is OFF.

So you have to imagine that the problem happened in pyramid category but no need to join the pyramid group to understand anything, just read my post.

Sorry about my english...

9 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

People like that are slowly ruining our hobby. :-(

No Andreas, ruination will happen only if we allow it to come to pass.

Yourself, and other Waymarkers of your estimable caliber, can, and will, I hope, continue to do what it is you do best by providing us with notable and commendable Waymarks, disregarding the aggravations of the moment. After all, the current moment is very brief, immediately superseded by another, possibly better, moment.

Less than honourable Waymarkers, less than honourable category officers, are simply part of the landscape, as we and they are both simply human, a species far from infallible. We need to deal with them as encountered, just as we need to deal with health issues as they arise or traffic accidents as they happen. But, for the most part, we generally allow neither health issues nor traffic accidents to bring our lives to a halt. We simply soldier on, as we should here, in the face of effects perceived as deleterious to the continuation of Waymarking.

More simply stated, a single negative or "less than honourable" individual can only bring down the castle if such is allowed to happen by the inhabitants.

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Helpful 3
  • Love 2
On 12/2/2023 at 4:33 PM, Alfouine said:

Pyramid category was an example, as i do not want to give any names, i will not give the real category name where the problem happened. And in the real category the enrollment is OFF.

So you have to imagine that the problem happened in pyramid category but no need to join the pyramid group to understand anything, just read my post.

Sorry about my english...

Generically I am afraid I can agree with you on this specific situation although I also feel there is a load of drama queen act going on. Also doesn't help if you created a whole imaginary story to illustrate what really happen as you don't want to provide specific names. The pyramid / cone is very clear. A cone is not a pyramid. Now, only you and the gods know what was really the case, and so nobody knows if you are right or not.

If I was you and it was a true case of cone/pyramid I would leave the group to those officers.  

• Helpful 1