Michael Briere

mrcpu

I was thinking about doing the Toronto Island caches around the time that Holly was found on the Island so I put of my trip.

Now that they have arrested Briere, and he's a programmer, it makes me wonder if he was a Geocacher and that's how he knew the islands.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

He doesn't appear to be a radio amateur. icon_smile.gif

(I checked) icon_wink.gif

What is it the detectives always say? "Just the facts ma'am, just the facts". I think they've pretty much gone through all of his stuff by now and I'm certain waypoints in a GPS would've been investigated early on in the investigation.

It is my sincerest of hopes the police have arrested the right person. There's been too many false arrests and convictions in recent memory.

I saw on the news last night they were ripping apart where he lived.

The comment was after what happen with Paul and Carla they are doing a complete job on the house.

And I did not hear anywhere mentioned he has a GPS.

When I saw where they found the items by the Lakeshore, the location is right near our black box #3 cache, I should see if anyone logged it that day.

gm100guy

http://members.rogers.com/gm100guy/cachepage.htm[/url]

Ontario geocachers

I'm sorry, but I find this thread VERY distasteful. For anyone to use Holly's murder as a link to discuss geocaching...... I can't believe it. Even if you don't mean it, there is a subtle flavour of humour emerging. Think about it. PLEASE stop now. And before you say it, yes I have already asked for this thread to be closed. I will ask again.

Step away from the tupperware!

quote:
Originally posted by GroundClutter:

I'm sorry, but I find this thread VERY distasteful. For anyone to use Holly's murder as a link to discuss geocaching...... I can't believe it. Even if you don't mean it, there is a subtle flavour of humour emerging. Think about it. PLEASE stop now.

I would hate to see anyone demean poor Holly's death or to use humour, even though people use humour to help deal with difficult issues.

That said, the point behind my original post was to see if anyone in our community new Breire. Geocachers cross a number of demographic boundaries, however the fact that M.B. was a programmer and the close proximity to several caches makes me wonder if he is a member of our community.

On another, slightly off topic note, I've often wondered if any GC'ers have ever found human remains while out and about. Being that we as a group tend to go places most people don't, I'm surprised that I haven't heard of this sort of thing being found by a cacher.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command