[Bug?] Cache Owner Dashboard

Hynz

Are there currently any issues with the Cache Owner Dashboard?

I don't have many caches so I rarely look at it but currently the "Latest activity on your hides" only shows one rather old log from last year wheras I would expect at least a handfull of recent logs left on my caches within the last months.

BTW what's the expected content anyway?

Regarding the number of shown logs is it cut off by age or by a certain number of logs?

Should it contain logs made by myself?

PS: I still consider the visual presentation not good. If not in fullscreen mode I need to overly widen my browser window to have the full and small pictures on the right side instead of huge but cut off vertically below the log text.

At the bottom I"m seeing, "Displaying 41 logs".

They're current, stacked backwards from yesterday's date to early April. Then two oddities in terms of being older. The 41st is from July 2021, from a cache that has been logged more recently, 15 times, in fact within the range of the other logs. Seems to a somewhat random selection of logs from owned caches.

Your own logs are NOT displayed  (an error in my opinion). This is by design.

3 hours ago, Hynz said:

Are there currently any issues with the Cache Owner Dashboard?

No there are not any known issues.

3 hours ago, Hynz said:

I don't have many caches so I rarely look at it but currently the "Latest activity on your hides" only shows one rather old log from last year wheras I would expect at least a handfull of recent logs left on my caches within the last months.

You own a total of 4 active caches:

• GC88Z1B was last found on October 10, 2021
  • GC5ZGF1 was last found on September 19, 2020
  • GC1G2GK was last found January 25, 2022
  • GCYPWT was last found September 25, 2021

This information is also available to you if you look for it.

3 hours ago, Hynz said:

BTW what's the expected content anyway?

Regarding the number of shown logs is it cut off by age or by a certain number of logs?

There are a couple different rules at play to make sure something is displayed, however age is the primary deciding factor.

In my case they also go back to early April, i.e. April 8.

3 hours ago, Hynz said:

Should it contain logs made by myself?

No.

You have not posted any logs on your caches in a while:

• GC88Z1B - your last log is from Jun/20/2021
  • GC5ZGF1 - your last log is from Jul/03/2021
  • GC1G2GK - your last log is from Aug/02/2020
  • GCYPWT - your last log is from Sep/28/2021

So even if they were generally covered, these would again be way outside the covered timeframe.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

At the bottom I"m seeing, "Displaying 41 logs".

They're current, stacked backwards from yesterday's date to early April. Then two oddities in terms of being older. The 41st is from July 2021, from a cache that has been logged more recently, 15 times, in fact within the range of the other logs. Seems to a somewhat random selection of logs from owned caches.

I noticed a couple of old dates in the recent logs on mine, but when I looked more closely, both were back-logging earlier finds from last year.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

No there are not any known issues.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

I was talking about the "Latest activity on your hides" which is the first shown page after clicking on "Cache owner dashboard" under the "Play" menu option on top.

I see only one(!) log from 21st of August 2021 on my cache GC88Z1B

I don't see any logs with a later date especially two DNF logs from March 2022 I was surprised not to see.

But like barefootjeff I just figured that this August 2021 log was written as late as of 9th of April 2022

So I guess it will also vanish soon from that page since apparently only logs written within a couple of recent weeks are shown there.

I wished in case of few logs they would not be removed so quickly and also that own logs are shown but it's not a pressing issue to me.

On 5/19/2022 at 3:09 AM, Hynz said:

I see only one(!) log from 21st of August 2021 on my cache GC88Z1B

I don't see any logs with a later date especially two DNF logs from March 2022 I was surprised not to see.

But like barefootjeff I just figured that this August 2021 log was written as late as of 9th of April 2022

So I guess it will also vanish soon from that page since apparently only logs written within a couple of recent weeks are shown there.

I wished in case of few logs they would not be removed so quickly and also that own logs are shown but it's not a pressing issue to me.

That seems to be the intended behavior - logs posted over the last 6 weeks or so (from today back to April 8, in my case) are shown, and of course, you can always check the cache pages, or review your email for log notifications. 

If your caches are not getting that much activity, and there have been no logs posted in the previous 6 weeks, then nothing would show on the Cache Owner Dashboard.  The dashboard is a bit redundant for me, as I read and respond, if needed, to all the notifications I get, but it is a handy tool where all my caches with recent logs are shown in the same place.

• Upvote 1

I can confirm a similar problem. In my Cache owner dashboard I see 55 most recently written logs on my caches. I'm not sure why 55, but that's beside the point.
Below them I see two logs from 2017. As far as I can tell from their codes (GLQ6RVDK and GLQZ5H27), these logs were really posted in 2017 (we're now at codes ~GL18MXXXX).

image.png.c21d4bf8b0a2af288fa4a4198203a0bc.png

EDIT 12/26: Looks like it's fixed now. Now I see only new logs that end with the text "Displaying 34 logs. Thank you for being a cache owner!"

Edited by KRON family