Home location coordinate contains unwanted characters

kardinaal79

About the search page: https://www.geocaching.com/play/search

Language = Dutch

Browser: Edge Versie 87.0.664.47 (Officiële build) (64-bits)

Here you can fill in your home location from the dropdown in the location-bar.

This works correct.

But in the result-list there are characters added in the location.

E.g.: We click on "home location", our location "N 51° 21.123; E 5° 26.788&" is found correctlty.

But in the resulting list of geocaches, the header displays "N 51° 21.123' E 5° 26.788'"

After that we want to apply filters.

But then our home location with this &#39 doesn't work any more, and we get geocaches in Poland, instead of the Netherlands.

The picture below shows the resulult whith the unwanten "&#39"s

image.png.66858d493476aa502bb88ca3b1369b01.png

N.B.:
We always have to use the filers to get a list without the caches we already found.
It would be great to have a set of defalt preferences, connected to our login.

With kind regards,
Jan Hendriks; Kardinaal79. 

Windows, Firefox 81.0.2 scripts offf

Confirm, slightly different behavior.   home location initially works as all caches up to 10 miles, it reloads, adding the extraneous #39 to the coords.

Any further filtering and I see only a Latitude N 28° 31.210  in the Search bar, and 0 results

Using IPCoords, similar

We are getting the same problem and I have discovered that the additonal figures represent the apostrophe

so when you click on home you get

N 51° 5.259' E 0° 30.326' (I've used random co-ords) in the box and this sends you to the right information initially but the co-ords amend to  N 51° 5.259' E 0° 30.326'

the last bits ' are code for

any additional filtering with this then means the searching is skewed and all its looking at for co-ords is the  N 51° 5.259 bit  - all my filtered searches take me to caches in Germany (I'm from UK)

not sure why this is happening but is skewing all my searches 'from home'

This only seems to be a bug with using the 'use home location' or the 'use current location' as both these input coords with the additional apostrophe which then changes 

To get round this I have to copy and paste the co-ords (taking the above example) and remove the apostrophes = N 51° 5.259 E 0° 30.326 and input this, then searching and filtering can be done as usual 

Hope HQ sort this bug out though 

• Helpful 1