...put masses of caches in ignore list

terratin

Censored. Cache owner doesn't deserve exposure like this, and I'm sure lots of people enjoy them. It's a huge pile pf mysteries in an area I might travel to. Don't want to ignore all mysteries, but just all those those few hundred from this series.

I honestly have better things to do than to click on I don't know how many caches to ignore them. Is there an easy way to do this? there's no bookmark list that holds them all :(

Edited by terratin
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

If they say something about mystery in the type of cache maybe just don't bother looking. But if the mystery is  not known until you look at the cache page , I am clueless. 

I don't mind doing a few interesting mysteries. But I want these off the map to a) see other caches better and b) I'm not doing special tool required/angling/etc caches on vacation anyway.

GSAK will permit you to add all caches in a particular filter to your ignore list.  So if you have or are willing to get GSAK, then you could get all the Mystery caches by this owner into GSAK.

From there in a single operation add to your Ignore List.    I don't know what, if any, the limit is on number of caches on Ignore.  

• Helpful 1
2 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

GSAK will permit you to add all caches in a particular filter to your ignore list.  So if you have or are willing to get GSAK, then you could get all the Mystery caches by this owner into GSAK.

From there in a single operation add to your Ignore List.    I don't know what, if any, the limit is on number of caches on Ignore.  

Yeah, that's the easiest thing. I do prefer the look of the various mapping options on gc though for trip planning. I might move them all manually if the website works again.

I was playing with  getting a cache on ignore from GSAK. It worked, and it logged me out ;-)  So i logged back in,  "But my username and/or pwd are wrong".  So on take 2 of log back in, I got logged in.  Went to ignore list, edited cache to remove it. 

And now I'm logged out again ;-)

I'll go play with this some more, and maybe post a Bug report if it's still happening in an hour or.

6 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I was playing with  getting a cache on ignore from GSAK. It worked, and it logged me out ;-)  So i logged back in,  "But my username and/or pwd are wrong".  So on take 2 of log back in, I got logged in.  Went to ignore list, edited cache to remove it. 

And now I'm logged out again ;-)

I'll go play with this some more, and maybe post a Bug report if it's still happening in an hour or.

Ha, looks like I'm not the only one then. Wasn't me, I promise! (I hope :tongue:)

2 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I would sure be nice if GSAK ran on a Mac without installing additional software and jumping through hoops.

• Helpful 1

I do use gask for this and that. Under some circumstances this might include trip planning, like easily filtering a huge pile of caches for either of the hiking symbols. But for a first planning I prefer the geocaching website or projectGC for the variety of mapping options. Never been to a place before with something of a power trail of angling caches though.

5 hours ago, terratin said:

Don't want to ignore all mysteries, but just all those those few hundred from this series.

Do they have the same (or close) 'Placed Date' to allow some filtering. eg Search placed before *Date* and then search placed after *Date*

The new search allows you to set filters. Maybe exclude Mysteries, then search Mysteries with date options?

A bit long winded, but may be a quicker option?

Other option is GSAK to exclude caches by Owner...

On 6/14/2020 at 9:43 AM, terratin said:

Oh great. I think I killed geocaching. So I started putting a few on the ignore list. Refreshed the map to see whether I got all. And now the map won't load anymore. Just a grey, empty space.

the trails map never works for me

Edited by RedGuy11
edit: it works fine on the app