Feature Request: Turning things off on the Dashboard.

2RottenPears

Dear HQ,

I love using the new Dashboard and seeing what my geocaching friends are out doing....

But I do NOT like seeing all their TravelBug discoveries. (Sorry guys but you're logging too many via facebook these days. lol)

I humbly suggest that you add a way to turn this feature off. 

Thanks for listening!

-2RPs

• Love 2

It's their dashboard.  You're looking at their public profile for a reason (to see what friends are doing).  That comes with it...

I don't like numerous stats, and animated/glittery/sparkling "stuff" that's on a lot of profiles these days (seems like Europe mostly).

Just a few years ago, many folks would time-out waiting for it all to load...

- But it's theirs, and if I want to look at something else, I'll just have to deal with it.    :) 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

It's their dashboard.  You're looking at their public profile for a reason (to see what friends are doing).  That comes with it...

The OP is not talking about looking at other people's profiles.  It's a valid feature request for the "Community" filter to be more granular on the "Activity" section of one's own dashboard.  As a player, I happen to support the feature request.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 3

Since I don't have any experience with this, I have questions.

I don't want my activity on my friend's dashboards. 

I see this box under my account Preferences:

Show my activity on my friends' Dashboards

How is that related to seeing my friend's activity on my dashboard? Is it automatically reciprocal?  Where is the link to approve or disallow my friend's activity showing on my dashboard? And where would I see the activity?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Since I don't have any experience with this, I have questions.

I don't want my activity on my friend's dashboards. 

I see this box under my account Preferences:

Show my activity on my friends' Dashboards

How is that related to seeing my friend's activity on my dashboard? Is it automatically reciprocal?  Where is the link to approve or disallow my friend's activity showing on my dashboard? And where would I see the activity?

Thanks.

I found it. I was expecting to see it at the top of the page, but that's not where it was.

Now I'm really mad that I even looked. I am disgusted with all this "remote" and virtual cache logging. I'm very disappointed.

23 people logged a Find from watching a live streaming of someone else finding a cache. Something close to that number. And that's just ONE of the caches each of those people found virtually. Shameful. Someone mentioned that it's helping them keep their daily streak.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 2
  • Surprised 2
  • Helpful 2
On 5/1/2020 at 6:29 PM, Max and 99 said:

Now I'm really mad that I even looked. I am disgusted with all this "remote" and virtual cache logging. I'm very disappointed.

23 people logged a Find from watching a live streaming of someone else finding a cache. Something close to that number. And that's just ONE of the caches each of those people found virtually. Shameful. Someone mentioned that it's helping them keep their daily streak.

What?? I'd say that certainly needs to be reported. That's totally against the guidelines. 

Then again, unless it can be proven they weren't just part of the group and their names are in the logsheet, there may be nothing that can be done. But absolutely one person should not be able to go out and find caches to let everyone who watches them online log them as found. That's shamefully ridiculous (I'd say as awful as providing virtual TB mass-logging lists)

For at least one case, the live streaming issue has been reported and has been addressed by Geocaching HQ.  Let's stick to discussing the feature request about providing more options for the dashboard view of friends' activities.  Thanks.

• Upvote 2