Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokinfish

accidental find

I was up fishing on the skagit river WA a few months back and we found a cache. Unknowingly this cache and container was brought back to my homer, unfortunately the truck was wrecked a short time later and I found everything going thru the detritus from the truck. I've restocked the box but I cannot locate it on the cache map for my area unless it was replaced. I've restocked the box with a ton of goodies to apologize to the community for this indiscretion. My question is should I replace it where it was or put it in a new location?

thx

Smokinfish

• Upvote 2

It could be that the Listing has been Archived in the interim, in which case it would be pointless to replace the cache at the old location.   Do you have some landmarks (e.g. campgrounds, pullouts, historical markers, etc), or crossroads for reference?  The helpful folks in the Forum might be able to answer that portion of the question with some additional information.

5 hours ago, smokinfish said:

I was up fishing on the skagit river WA a few months back and we found a cache. Unknowingly this cache and container was brought back to my homer, unfortunately the truck was wrecked a short time later and I found everything going thru the detritus from the truck. I've restocked the box but I cannot locate it on the cache map for my area unless it was replaced. I've restocked the box with a ton of goodies to apologize to the community for this indiscretion. My question is should I replace it where it was or put it in a new location?

thx

Smokinfish

Can you post a picture of the container, or describe it? Are there markings or names on or in the box?  How specific can you be about its placement (coordinates, map, landmarks)?

About where on the river did you find it?  

I live in Mount Vernon and may be able to provide some local help. As has been asked, what additional details can you provide?