January 2019

Well Happy New Year to you, too Lee, and to Andreas and Philippe. And Happy New Year to all the other, still silent, Waymarkers.

Here's hoping that in 2019 your Benchmarks are where they are supposed to be, the museums are all open the day you hit town, the seafood restaurants all have lobster at half price the day you visit, the church with the gorgeous stained glass is open when you pass by, new murals, statuary, and historical markers have been painted, erected and placed since last you were in the town and that you stumble upon at least one seriously hard to get category that you thought you'd never achieve.

Oh - and here's hoping that you have fun along the way.

One more thing - Philippe, you need to change your signature to something like THIS.

Barb & Keith

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Happy New Year to all of you! I just returned from a few days in the mountains with limited bandwidth, so I still have to work on the old year in terms of Waymarking and internet in general.

Last year was not a bad Waymarking year, but the new one could even be better. Let's go for it!

• Love 1

Late, but from the bottom of my heart I wish you all:

Humorous Combination Businesses
Antarctic Points of Interest
Painted Barn Quilts
Peace Poles
Ye Olde Butcher Shoppe

Nobel Laureates
Entertainment Awards
Wendy's Restaurants

Yellow Arrow Lookup
Earth Homes
American Guide Series
Ranger Stations

and all the other categories you're still longing to find. Last year I was able to fill many holes in my category grid and in the last two weeks a heavy cold kept me from posting and visiting more waymarks, but I'm confident that 2019 will fill my grid some more.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

Browsing through older threads I found this one. A 3 year old posting and from the list I made back then, I just found "Nobel Laureates" in the meantime. Shame on me.

Yeah, well, Andreas, if you still need A Ranger Station or an XXXX I may be able to help, but months down the road.

No, that's silly, knowing your predilections.

Anyhoo, Mebbe "Shame on You", but COOL ON YOU for getting that done.

I, for one, am actually more than a bit surprised that you hadn't already filled that slot.

One and a sixth dozen Austrian Nobel Winners and it took you this long to unearth just one? :wacko: :)

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII

Well ... er ... I didn't activly look for one Nobel laureate (always thinking of the ones within the science fields)  but I literally stumbled upon the plaque about 6km from my home a view weeks ago when I did a lab cache - it was WM15VYJ - Heinrich Böll who received his prize in 1972 for literature.

For me besides the "Nobel laureate" only the "olde butcher shoppe" can be removed from the list above.

• Love 1
On 3/28/2022 at 9:02 PM, FamilieFrohne said:

I didn't activly look for one Nobel laureate

I didn't either. The "problem" is: There are a few memorials for these persons, but not all of them mention "Nobel laureate". Anyhow, meanwhile I have 4 WMs in that category.

Butcher shops would be possible, and I don't want to even think about peace poles:D But there are many more categories I need (that are much more interesting to me) and thanks to your wonderful "Shopping list" statistics it will be much easier to find them.