What's this?

Touchstone

15 hours ago, kunarion said:

In the New Experience "Latest Activity" page, I see the same thing on a cache that I have placed a Favorite on.  The icon was just the happy face before the Favorite was added.

It's been there for awhile (not sure exactly when).  I've been using the new Dashboard since it was available pretty much, and I've seen it on my logs and others in "Latest Activity" whenever a Favorite point gets awarded.  I believe it was there well before the "not getting FP when logging" thread.   

Edited by CAVinoGal
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, CAVinoGal said:

It's been there for awhile (not sure exactly when).  I've been using the new Dashboard since it was available pretty much, and I've seen it on my logs and others in "Latest Activity" whenever a Favorite point gets awarded.  I believe it was there well before the "not getting FP when logging" thread.   

Can I see it again after the cache leaves the "Latest Activity" page?   It's... so... awesome...  :)

I found another whatsit.  Hadn't seen this before:

Untitled-hw1.jpg

Seen on the cache page.  "My cache has a new log".  I think that's what it means. Click it, and you see the standard list of icons, not this composite one, with no such green envelope in the list.  If it's a notification of a sort, that would be good in a cache list, even the list of my own caches.  Maybe make it so that if you click it, you see that recent log.  It's not really super informative if it appears only on the cache page, but it's something.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1

OK, about the green envelope.  I thought it may mean there's a new log.  Or that a new log caused an email notification.  But although "Horton Who" matches all the criteria, so does "Visit Horton", which has no green envelope:

Untitled-vh4.jpg

"Peeking Duck" also has no green envelope, and I received no email that it was found today.  As if there was a server hiccup earlier today.  So now I'm revising my guess.  The green envelope means that there's a new log, and that the server was healthy enough at that moment to set the icon.  Maybe.

The envelope icon seems more like a Message Center icon than anything else.  So I checked that, too.  No new MC messages.

Edited by kunarion
44 minutes ago, searcherdog said:

Do you have a Personal Cache Note on the caches which have green envelopes?

I sure did!  Great catch!  I removed the note and the icon changed. As a reminder of a personal cache note that you see right there in the same browser window as the icon, that makes the icon even more pointless.  No wait.  I mean especially awesome.  Yeah.  That's it. :)

9 hours ago, searcherdog said:

Do you have a Personal Cache Note on the caches which have green envelopes?

I have just added a note to a cache and the icon has changed to the new larger icon plus a green envelope and the co-ordinate info is pushed further down the page.

When you hover over it, a message stating you have a personal note. I saw it today as well. But later I posted a Found it log and it changed to a smiley face. Hovering over it now, it reads Found it.

image.png.78cc982c8bc6ed92c0820a2b4b6364de.png

4 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Since GS has created these icons, perhaps they could use them on the map page.   A blue DNF on top of the icon conveys more information as does a corrected coordinates icon on top of the cache type icon.  

That may be what is being set up.  But as Team Christiansen mentions, there's only one Whatsit per icon.  Prioritized in some way.  So if I have a solved puzzle plus a personal cache note, the one I get is "Corrected Coordinates" I think.  If I log a Found or DNF, seems that's the icon I get, even if others apply.  Maybe the plan is that they stack (OK, sure, who needs a Personal Cache Note if they've Found It, Amiright?).  For now, it's just being set up.

Edited by kunarion

9 hours ago, Team Christiansen said:

When you hover over it, a message stating you have a personal note. I saw it today as well. But later I posted a Found it log and it changed to a smiley face. Hovering over it now, it reads Found it.

In IE, if I do a mouse pointer hover, I see the cache type, the name of the large icon, such as "Traditional Geocache".  Is more info displayed in other browsers?  Is it one of site features where "hover" works occasionally? B)

When I saw the blue envelope, "hover" showed the cache type.  Click the icon, and you arrive at a list of icon definitions without a blue envelope listed.  I can understand how it may be confusing.

Edited by kunarion
14 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Is more info displayed in other browsers?

Using Opera and hovering over ...... 

the large icon gives mystery / trad etc

the small icon gives found it / has personal geocaching note etc

Firefox and IE give mystery / trad for both hovers so no explanation of the small icon.

Clicking takes me to the large icon identification page.

6 minutes ago, searcherdog said:

Using Opera and hovering over ...... 

the large icon gives mystery / trad etc

the small icon gives found it / has personal geocaching note etc

Firefox and IE give mystery / trad for both hovers so no explanation of the small icon.

Clicking takes me to the large icon identification page.

Cool, I see the extra info in Chrome, too.  Hover over the OP's green heart to see the pop-up "activity-favorited-icon".