Premium -- is it worth it?

randomactsofkindness

Taking grandson, he likes to geocach but considers me an expert because I use to run with a group who did this alot. However, I see that it has been a few years since I have even logged one find! I think slacking on my part, however, I would love a trial premium to see if it is worth the cost. For the grands! Thanks so much! Love to geocach and looking forward to introducing another generation! 

So I do lots of this kinda location stuff and never heard of this I'm sad I'm years behind lol. Is there someone out there that can send me a month pm to evaluate its need/want ratio for me and my area. And is there a limit to how many devices I can use it on. Reason I use 2 sometimes 3 differnt phones on my adventures due to battery's. As long as I'm logged out or turned off other devices and only logged in to one at a time this will work? Thanks for everything in advance :)

On 6/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, kushguy79 said:

So I do lots of this kinda location stuff and never heard of this I'm sad I'm years behind lol. Is there someone out there that can send me a month pm to evaluate its need/want ratio for me and my area. And is there a limit to how many devices I can use it on. Reason I use 2 sometimes 3 differnt phones on my adventures due to battery's. As long as I'm logged out or turned off other devices and only logged in to one at a time this will work? Thanks for everything in advance :)

Sent!

Check your profile email, please.

The Premium Membership is personal and related mostly to the homepage, so you can use it with every device you want with your profile.

4 hours ago, hjordis.gudm said:

I used to go geocashing with a garmin a while back but now I'd like to get back into cashing using a mobile phone and the app. I would also love to get a free trial on the premium membership to see the benefits

Sent!

Is there anyway for me to get a free one month premium trial? I used to do geochaches alot when I was younger

and I'd like to use this as a way for my friends and I to get back into shape.

Edited by TheCunningSwine
I needed to add more of a reason why I'd like a free trial

I made my account over a year ago so that I could start geocaching while out with my dog, but unfortunately before I got the chance she injured her knees and needed surgery.  We just got the all clear from the doctor this morning and can finally start going on hikes again.  I would love to get a free trial of the premium membership if possible :)

Hi I have been a basic member for a whil now.  Usually just a casual cacher. I am interested in trying premium and was wondering if there was a free trial as I have read. Hoping to have a go at some of the harder caches and try and get back to more adventure and caching. Thanks so much in advance. 

Hi Everyone,

today if my first day as a geocacher ?. Me and my son have just found our first one. Im on basic at the moment, but would like to trial premium, however I can’t find any trials on line, could anyone point me in the right direction please?

thank you.

10 hours ago, dungeoncache_ter said:

I made my account over a year ago so that I could start geocaching while out with my dog, but unfortunately before I got the chance she injured her knees and needed surgery.  We just got the all clear from the doctor this morning and can finally start going on hikes again.  I would love to get a free trial of the premium membership if possible :)

On 6/6/2018 at 1:32 AM, Mk198888 said:

Hi I have been a basic member for a whil now.  Usually just a casual cacher. I am interested in trying premium and was wondering if there was a free trial as I have read. Hoping to have a go at some of the harder caches and try and get back to more adventure and caching. Thanks so much in advance. 

Sent!

Hello,

I have just started geocaching with my toddler, and we are very intrigued as to the greyed out caches! I would love a free trial of the premium membership to try it out if anyone has a spare code?

Also, is it best to pay via the app (£25 per year) for premium membership?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, jaworski_family said:

I have just started geocaching with my toddler, and we are very intrigued as to the greyed out caches! I would love a free trial of the premium membership to try it out if anyone has a spare code?

Also, is it best to pay via the app (£25 per year) for premium membership?

Sent!

In fact, the vast majority of caches are available to Basic Members in the homepage... there the only limitation will be the "Premium Member Only" caches, usually less than 1%, and even those can be logged by a Basic Member.
Maybe you are talking about the caches you can see with the official app, being a Basic Member. That's all... accessing your profile in the homepage with your smartphone will throw the limitations away. :)

Paying PM via the homepage is the best way

Edited by RuideAlmeida

My 2 roommates and i have started geocaching recently. Ive known what caching is for quite awhile but had no clue it was actually this fun and enjoyable. Together we have now found 16 caches. Now where the 3 of us have been debating on if we should spend the money on premium (whereas we use the app), or if we'd just be better of staying basic due to our area. How does one go about getting a 30-day trial? Ive read forums stating to contact volunteers, though, how do you figure out who any local volunteers are? Just a couple simple questions from a couple newbie cachers

3 hours ago, Ashlealeeann said:

My 2 roommates and i have started geocaching recently. Ive known what caching is for quite awhile but had no clue it was actually this fun and enjoyable. Together we have now found 16 caches. Now where the 3 of us have been debating on if we should spend the money on premium (whereas we use the app), or if we'd just be better of staying basic due to our area. How does one go about getting a 30-day trial? Ive read forums stating to contact volunteers, though, how do you figure out who any local volunteers are? Just a couple simple questions from a couple newbie cachers

Welcome to geocaching! 

It's true that any Community Volunteer Reviewer or Volunteer Forum Moderator has the ability to provide a 30 day trial membership as a gift.  Since it's a gift, however, your local volunteer is not under an obligation to do this, so you may not receive a response.

You can find out the local volunteers for your area by browsing the Policy Wiki.  The reviewers for each region are listed at the top right corner of the region's information page.  

• Upvote 2