Premium -- is it worth it?

randomactsofkindness

I have been getting really into looking for Geos, but most of them seem to be exclusive to the Premium membership - I've been reading that there might be a code for a free 30-day trial for a Premium account - is this true?  If so, how might I go about asking for one?  Thank you!

I have been a basic member for years. This is my second account I have started with my bf who is new to Geocaching. We don't have many caches around our town without premium access. I was told there was a way for 30 days free trial premier access with a certain code. How can I get this code?

Edited by Stevo_Brizzle
10 hours ago, lindseybrady12 said:

I have been getting really into looking for Geos, but most of them seem to be exclusive to the Premium membership...

In fact, the vast majority of caches are available to Basic Members in the homepage... there the only limitation will be the "Premium Member Only" caches, usually less than 1%, and even those can be logged by a Basic Member.
Maybe you are talking about the caches you can see with the official app, being a Basic Member. That's all... accessing your profile in the homepage with your smartphone will throw the limitations away. :)

Check your profile email, please.

2 hours ago, Stevo_Brizzle said:

We don't have many caches around our town without premium access.

In fact, the vast majority of caches are available to Basic Members in the homepage... there the only limitation will be the "Premium Member Only" caches, usually less than 1%, and even those can be logged by a Basic Member.
Maybe you are talking about the caches you can see with the official app, being a Basic Member. That's all... accessing your profile in the homepage with your smartphone will throw the limitations away. :)

Hi,

I was wondering where to get a code for a free premium code. I don’t want to pay first because I don’t have a lot of money (since I don’t have a part-time job yet) I want to try it our first before paying $8.49 then not liking it. Any help would be appreciated!

6 hours ago, Ben07101 said:

Hi,

I was wondering where to get a code for a free premium code. I don’t want to pay first because I don’t have a lot of money (since I don’t have a part-time job yet) I want to try it our first before paying $8.49 then not liking it. Any help would be appreciated!

Curious, where are you seeing the $8.49 price?  If that is the price you're seeing within the app/play store, then I'd encourage you to go to the website instead.  The subscription cost when purchasing for a full year through the website is $30 USD.

1 minute ago, trevor643 said:

I received the code and redeemed it, on my profile it says premium but none of the features are available and it won’t update on the app

Your profile shows has PM already... please logoff and login again, both with your profile and homepage/app.

We've been 'basic' members for a few years now and I never even realised there was a forum! Our son is getting a bit older now so we're going out to find caches a bit more so we're thinking about premium membership but not sure if it'd be worth it - has anyone got a trial membership of premium so we can see if it's good for us? Thanks :)

2 minutes ago, AttackPigeon said:

Thank you! It would be in my inbox correct? I have logged in and out and still cannot see anything regarding the trial. Am I simply overlooking it? Thanks again ! 

Sent it again, now.

PS: It's not on the Message Center, but in the email associated to your account.

Hey! I'm new arround here, and i knew a little about geocaching from is his earlier days, but today, my friend showed me the app and i loved it, and decided to install hours later.

(Btw: I was redirected to here, due to a 30 day premium trial, if anyone could explain how that works, i would appreciate that.)

17 hours ago, anonplayer123 said:

Hey! I'm new arround here, and i knew a little about geocaching from is his earlier days, but today, my friend showed me the app and i loved it, and decided to install hours later.

(Btw: I was redirected to here, due to a 30 day premium trial, if anyone could explain how that works, i would appreciate that.)

;)

On 20/06/2018 at 5:26 PM, RuideAlmeida said:

Sent!

Thank you very much! Already seeing how much more we can do in the app, saving offline lists has been very handy in this area with patchy network coverage! 

HI, would like to know if it is still possible to get a 30 voucher code to try the premium features. we have been starting geocaching as a family here in South-Africa! We are really enjoying it, even on the basic account. but now we would like to try out the premium features. please let me know how one can get a code for a 30 day trial. Thanks! Jaco

Hey guys, I've been geocaching on and off for a few years, but i'm getting to a point where i have a bit more free time to do it, and was considering premium membership. Would it be possible to obtain a free trial code so i can see if i would get enough benefit from it. Thanks

Hi, I enjoy geocaching and would like to try premium? i received a code, activated it but it is not working? can you maybe look into my account or provide me with another code? I know that it is only possible to try a premium trial subscription once.

Kind Regards

Jaco