Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Aer72

Donate a code

Recommended Posts

I know I won't be popular by asking but if anyone has any TB codes they are not planning on using I would be hugely grateful.

If so please send me it by message

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Aer72 said:

If not please do not reply in criticism of me

 

2 hours ago, TriciaG said:

What is the purpose? What is the cause?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Studies have shown people are more likely to agree to a request if a reason is given, even if it's not a good reason.  In the study I'd read about, I think the line was "Could you let me go ahead of you, because I don't want to wait?".  (Influence, by Cialdini.)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Aer72 said:

 

 

I didn't criticize. I asked what is the purpose? To me, "Donate a code" implies a charity or a cause of some sort. If that is the case, I might be more willing to give up a code. If the cause is "I'm poor and can't afford to buy tags," that's your right. But I won't give anyone any codes without knowing WHY.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TriciaG said:

I didn't criticize. I asked what is the purpose? To me, "Donate a code" implies a charity or a cause of some sort. If that is the case, I might be more willing to give up a code. If the cause is "I'm poor and can't afford to buy tags," that's your right. But I won't give anyone any codes without knowing WHY.

^This

 

I could walk up to a stranger on the sidewalk and ask them for money, but they're naturally going to ask "why?" and/or "what for?", both of which are perfectly valid and reasonable questions in such a scenario. Refusing to give any explanation is a sure-fire way of killing any chance of your request being fulfilled.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Max and 99

  • CONTROL's highest ranking agents
  • Max and 99
  • +Premium Members
  •  102
  • 2306 posts

I got so many free ones last year. If you just need a new trackable number to use on your own item, I'll give you one for free. I think I still have some left. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, The A-Team said:

^This

 

I could walk up to a stranger on the sidewalk and ask them for money, but they're naturally going to ask "why?" and/or "what for?", both of which are perfectly valid and reasonable questions in such a scenario. Refusing to give any explanation is a sure-fire way of killing any chance of your request being fulfilled.

I really meant for this to be read by MAX and 99 and I did not expect a donation from others. Such as you

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Aer72 said:

I really meant for this to be read by MAX and 99 and I did not expect a donation from others. Such as you

 

It probably would have been more effective to respond to their original post in that forum topic or to private message them. It might even help to add a @Max & 99 to your post when it is directed to someone specific.

Edited by Team Christiansen
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aer72 said:

I really meant for this to be read by MAX and 99 and I did not expect a donation from others. Such as you

 

That's odd, max and 99 aren't even in this thread (yet), and aren't mentioned until A-Team's statement.   We can't read minds...

Why didn't you respond in the thread that they posted in?    Clicking on the posted date you included links to their post...  

Agree with Team Christiansen, if you didn't want "others" responding, email's a good option next time.   :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aer72 said:

I really meant for this to be read by MAX and 99 and I did not expect a donation from others. Such as you

I'm sure you can understand how your OP sounds like you're asking anyone that happens to read your thread to consider giving you a code?

I mean, you did say "if anyone has any TB codes".  When people write things to a specific person, then they usually would say "if you have any...".

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×