How do I delete unfinished caches?

Korichnovui

I'm working on a big cache project and I've been creating some "draft" cache hides on the site. I've since come to realize that it's WAAAAY easier to simply create the whole cache all at once, the first time, rather than trying to modify it later. But I have no idea how to remove these unfinished draft caches....

4 hours ago, Korichnovui said:

I'm working on a big cache project and I've been creating some "draft" cache hides on the site. I've since come to realize that it's WAAAAY easier to simply create the whole cache all at once, the first time, rather than trying to modify it later. But I have no idea how to remove these unfinished draft caches....

I am very surprised to hear this. My strategy is just opposite. I always open a dummy "draft" with minimal options and then edit everything during next weeks and months.

There is one important advance when you are reusing old "drafts". They will be published first because publishing order is the same as gccode order which means that older "drafts" comes first.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, arisoft said:

There is one important advance when you are reusing old "drafts". They will be published first because publishing order is the same as gccode order which means that older "drafts" comes first.

That's not the case here. A couple of years back I had two caches sitting in the review queue, the newer one (by GC code, date placed and date submitted) got published a day earlier than the older one. I asked the reviewer if there was a problem with the older one when it didn't come through in the same batch as the newer one, but he said no, he just didn't have time to get through everything in the queue that day.

14 hours ago, WarNinjas said:

I don't know how many you have created but I hear it is best not to waste the GC numbers. If not many I would probably just edit them and in the future just start from scratch.  If it seems hard to edit them you can just archive them as katsurian said.

I agree, once the "draft" cache page is created, then a GC Code is assigned and that GC Code will never be assigned to another cache. Kinda feels like wasting the code if I archive the cache just to create a new one. I'd rather Recycle it for the next cache idea.

Plus, I wouldn't want to have unpublished caches on the Archived page that IK linked to above.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:12 AM, arisoft said:

I am very surprised to hear this. My strategy is just opposite. I always open a dummy "draft" with minimal options and then edit everything during next weeks and months.

The problem is having to work with the HTML code in later edits instead of the WYSIWYG editor they give you when you first set it up.  I've used HTML, but even I can't stand having to edit that way.  It can be a real pain.  Maybe some day they'll let us use WYSIWYG for editing, but I'm not hopeful since we've been asking for it for years.