Notification of deleted log

It is normal that befuddled CO :) send a message to the finder thru the Message Center before deleting the log, if there is something which need to be changed. It is easiest that the finder modifies the log to acceptable. CO may warn about possibility to delete the log in that case but your log remains intact.

Definitely signed log.  Just received a GS notification for my re-log she's just deleted — so it's working now.

1. Had a quick look on a challenge and only found an empty plastic paint test pot (standard cache material around here)
  2. Messaged CO to let her know, in case the log had been taken
  3. A while later we went back, found & signed the actual container
  4. CO misread both (2) and our 'found' logs explaining the 2 containers, and deleted my find 2 months later and accused me of only finding the empty container — without checking against physical log.

https://coord.info/GC494ZJ

Seeing as she's abused me through MC and now deleted the re-log, it's time to report.

@Max and 99 I had no idea it was going to turn into an issue months later!

I was taking photos of my signatures for a while, but gave up as it's a burden to remember and then save them all.  And first time I've both been accused of cheating and abused in 2000+ finds B)

I will certainly take photos of any further logs I find from CO.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:49 AM, barefootguru said:

I understood there was an automatic e-mail alert to the finder if a CO deleted their log?

This happened to my husband recently - we were caching together, and I do drafts on my phone while he typically logs it on his phone right there.  He accidentally logged a DNF, and realized it as we drove away.  So I took his phone and logged a Find with the identical text as as his DNF, figuring we'd delete the DNF later from the computer.  Before we had a chance to do so, he got an email saying his log on GCXXXXX had been deleted.  When I checked the cache page, it was the DNF only and his Found it log was still intact.  The CO correctly figured out what had happened and deleted the erroneous log for us!  

It was nice to know that we get a notification if the CO deletes a log (first time it's happened).

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, barefootguru said:

@Max and 99 I had no idea it was going to turn into an issue months later!

I was taking photos of my signatures for a while, but gave up as it's a burden to remember and then save them all.  And first time I've both been accused of cheating and abused in 2000+ finds B)

I will certainly take photos of any further logs I find from CO.

To me a smiley isn't important enough for me to carry around a camera and take photos of every log I sign.   My bag has enough stuff in it already.:D

On the first trip did you log a find without signing any physical log?    If so maybe a note there would have saved you some trouble.   

In this case I don't think I would have deleted your log without speaking to you about it first.       

@justintim1999 No way!  If I don’t find the cache and sign a log I don’t log a find… except for soggy logs where I do take a photo.

This cache find was resolved by revisiting the area (out of our way), signing the log which had just been replaced, and attaching a pic of that.  And blocking the CO in MC.

Still odd I didn’t receive a notification on the first log deletion.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:14 AM, justintim1999 said:

To me a smiley isn't important enough for me to carry around a camera and take photos of every log I sign.   My bag has enough stuff in it already.:D

The burden of proof is on the cache owner anyway.. I mean, if the log is deleted.

Edited by bflentje