One month and still a virgin!

makaio

OK, southern Oregon cachers - what gives? Are you guys all on hiatus this summer? I placed this cache a month ago and not a find logged yet.

It's not like you guys to let a new cache go unfound this long. Are we gonna have to send some northern Oregon/Washington or, God forbid, California cachers in to get the first find?

-

Actually, that rockpile is an optional section of the trail. Still, the trail is quite rocky the whole way. A quad could probably do the trail easily, especially if it's a 4WD quad, but it's not a trail you can "open up" on (assuming your quad is the fast/racing type).

Regarding the hike, the cache can be reached with a 1-2 mile hike from where the trail crosses a forest service road. This is how I suspect most finders will reach the area. The road can be rough in spots but should be easily navigated in a pickup truck or other vehicle with adequate ground clearance. A passenger car might make it, but bottom out in spots - like the many water bar sections.

-

Red mentioned the Sour Biscuit fire might wreak havoc on my cache. It is certainly very close to where the cache is placed, but the cache location is amidst a large expanse of rock/boulders with very little vegetation and no trees within a few hundred feet. I think the cache will survive even if the fire passes over (around) the area.

Time will tell...

-

Well, if I was down in your area, that box already would have been found. If I do get a chance to do that box, it will be on foot. I love long, strenous hikes of over 3000 feet elevation gain. So this is right up my alley! My jeep is my everyday car so it will just rest while I hike.

I see now that this was actually last summer...oops! But the above still applies though.

quote:
Originally posted by travisl:

(A bridge too far) has been out there since September 9, 2001, but I really have doubt that it's still there. I plan on trying to find it late this month.

Yeah, that's why i was asking. Slinger and i found that one on saturday, and it was pretty cool finding such a seemingly neglected one--so i was wondering where any other older ones were.

Kinda stupid for me to ask considering there's that 'porta-potty' one 20 miles south of my apartment.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed