Cache owner active caches filter

GeoElmo6000

One other asked about this last year.   The  idea from another was "passed along" by a Lackey  to staff in June last year, when they were still working on the profile dashboard.    :)

All caches are part of our history, so if it was to be done I'd think it'd have to be your archived caches on your "dashboard" only.     We know a few folks who enter a COs profile for caches they remember doing by that cacher (we're one), so I don't believe archived caches could be hidden from others.  The site's often mentioning cache history in their blogs as well..     

• Upvote 1

What I'm asking about is just a filter to only see active caches for oneself and for others.  In my case, I have 84 caches, including 27 events.  Of those 84, only 18 are active.  It would be nice to be able to click an "active caches only" filter on that list to reduce the list from 84 to 18.  I really don't need to look through 66 red font / strikethrough cache names that don't get any activity.   :-)

When looking at other cachers' cache lists, it would be nice to do the same.  Cacher X may own 40 caches that span two list pages, but only 15 active, and I could only look at the active caches I care about.  

• Upvote 2

Thank you HHL, that's a good method that I didn't know existed.  Still, it would be nice to be able to filter from a profile instead of doing a search.  I believe the search link you gave me orders by distance from the central search location, while I'm just looking to limit the date-based list you normally see from profiles with an "active" filter.

Thanks for the link though.

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

[...] I believe the search link you gave me orders by distance from the central search location, [...]

You can order by any column from that page. Just hit the appropriate column title. ;-)

Hans

Edited by HHL
On 2/6/2018 at 4:12 PM, Mineral2 said:

This should bring you to your caches that are active.

That's a great link, thank you, and I'm bookmarking this.  And I can go to that link and edit the filter to view someone else's active caches. 

Still, IMO it would be nice from a user's Public Profile->Geocaches->Geocaches Owned (All Geocache Hides) link to click a filter checkbox that says "View Active Caches".  

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

Still, IMO it would be nice from a user's Public Profile->Geocaches->Geocaches Owned (All Geocache Hides) link to click a filter checkbox that says "View Active Caches".  

I think it would be nice if this list appeared in the format of the search results rather than the old search results. Again, this is something where the caches owned links on user profiles could just point to a URL with predefined filters incorporating the username of the profile and the cache types. From there extra filters can be added. Although I understand the complication that the developers don't want archived caches appearing in the main search results, while the list of owned and found caches on a user's public profile is meant to be complete.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

I think it would be nice if this list appeared in the format of the search results rather than the old search results. Again, this is something where the caches owned links on user profiles could just point to a URL with predefined filters incorporating the username of the profile and the cache types. From there extra filters can be added. Although I understand the complication that the developers don't want archived caches appearing in the main search results, while the list of owned and found caches on a user's public profile is meant to be complete.

I actually don't mind the 'old' format. It is more compact and it's easier to delineate each line item because there are alternating colors. The alternating color lines also makes it easier to count down the list, since I can count in two's. Counting down a list in the 'new' format of search results is more difficult with the auto-loading and scrolling.

• Upvote 1

I liked the aesthetics of the old format too. But that's something Groundspeak can change on a whim by altering the CSS style. What I like about the new search results is that they're more dynamic. It could be improved some more to eliminate the need for page refreshes, but that's a discussion for another day.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Mineral2 said:

It could be improved some more to eliminate the need for page refreshes

Indeed, though as long as url changes in instances where we might want to bookmark a view of the content. Really bugs when, for example, a manu item will change the page content but you can't bookmark that page content. You notice they do it on the map, where the center coordinates are updated every time you shift the map so a refresh returns to that same map setting and position. That is user friendliness. :)