Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boisestate

Title under cacher name in forums? How do you change it?

Recommended Posts

how do you change the title (i.e. premium member) under the cacher name in forums?

I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, boisestate said:

how do you change the title (i.e. premium member) under the cacher name in forums?

I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking.

Thanks

Take a look here.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, boisestate said:

how do you change the title (i.e. premium member) under the cacher name in forums?

I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking.

Thanks

 

That feature currently does not work.  Mine is from the previous version of the Forum software, and it doesn't change.  I have a backlog of about 500 phrases to change it to. :P

You might be able to change your "Location" by using the "Account Settings" feature here in the Forums.  That worked fine for me until I kind of deleted the entire feature while messing around. :ph34r:

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

 

10 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Take a look here.

I have changed the forum title and forum signature on that page but the changes do not show in forum post. I must be doing something wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, kunarion said:

 

That feature currently does not work.  Mine is from the previous version of the Forum software, and it doesn't change.  I have a backlog of about 500 phrases to change it to. :P

You might be able to change your "Location" by using the "Account Settings" feature here in the Forums.  That worked fine for me until I kind of deleted the entire feature while messing around. :ph34r:

Ok that makes sense. It's not that important, I'm just a fan of customization...adds personality - ya know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by boisestate

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, boisestate said:

 

I have changed the forum title and forum signature on that page but the changes do not show in forum post. I must be doing something wrong.

Try to log-off and login again.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Try to log-off and login again.

 

It doesn't work if you log out/in.  I try it all the time, anyway, hoping one day it will work.  :)

There's a short discussion here about the issue.  That also mentions how to change the signature line.  Plus, I think the "Location" can be edited in a similar way, but I'm not able to test that.  It looks like the only thing a member may change in the Geocaching.com Profile, and have it propagate to the Forum, is their avatar image.  Other things are changed within the Forum software, except for the "Forum Title", where the ability to change it was somehow lost in transition.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The "Premium Member" test under the username and above the avatar image in forum threads should be editable using the link that RuideAlmeida provided this one under the "Forum Title" section.  As noted by other, you'll usually need to log in/out of the forums to see the changes.

The "+Premium Members" text under the avatar image in forum threads is not editable.

 

 

GC-forumtitle.png

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, noncentric said:

The "Premium Member" test under the username and above the avatar image in forum threads should be editable using the link that RuideAlmeida provided this one under the "Forum Title" section.  As noted by other, you'll usually need to log in/out of the forums to see the changes.

The "+Premium Members" text under the avatar image in forum threads is not editable.

 

 

GC-forumtitle.png

 

Have you tried it lately?  It doesn't work.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, noncentric said:

The "Premium Member" test under the username and above the avatar image in forum threads should be editable using the link that RuideAlmeida provided this one under the "Forum Title" section.  As noted by other, you'll usually need to log in/out of the forums to see the changes.

The "+Premium Members" text under the avatar image in forum threads is not editable.

 

 

GC-forumtitle.png

2 hours ago, kunarion said:

 

Have you tried it lately?  It doesn't work.

kunarion it still looks (to me) you're correct,  still not working.  

I've tried once a week (and again a minute ago) since I had to let my account go basic for an issue with a gift card.

Haven't been able to get it back since...

 

Share this post


Link to post

OK -- now I don't even see the option to edit forum title on the account settings page (using link above).  I know signature is edited using the forums setting page here, but it also lacks an option for forum title. 

I'm sure it's obvious, but I don't see what I'm missing.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hzoi said:

OK -- now I don't even see the option to edit forum title on the account settings page (using link above).  I know signature is edited using the forums setting page here, but it also lacks an option for forum title. 

I'm sure it's obvious, but I don't see what I'm missing.

On mine, it's just a scroll down the account settings to find both forum title  and forum signature, though forum title hasn't worked since August (for me).  :)

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

On mine, it's just a scroll down the account settings to find both forum title  and forum signature, though forum title hasn't worked since August (for me).  :)

I see it now.  For some reason it took at least a minute more than the rest of the page to load. 

(Perhaps because the hamster that runs that part of the page is trying, unsuccessfully, to communicate with the hamster running the old forum software and doesn't know the number changed?  Just a guess.)

Edited by hzoi

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, noncentric said:

The "Premium Member" test under the username and above the avatar image in forum threads should be editable...  GC-forumtitle.png

"Should" being the key.  :) 

Curious if you tried it yourself, though I'd understand if you don't want to take a chance of losing yours too.

Kinda surprised it's not a thread in Website bugs yet.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

I'd understand if you don't want to take a chance of losing yours too.

 

Be careful about that!  As I was trying to figure out what the deal is, I deleted the menu item for "location" from my Forum account setings.  It's gone!  I can't set my location.  But I think that setting is still available to most, and so is the forum signature, both in the Forum settings.  The avatar picture is set from the Geocaching Profile. 

You can type a new forum title, but it has no effect in the forum.  Not by logging out & in, not any way at all. Anyone who says otherwise, go ahead and try it. It 110% guaranteed doesn't work.

Edited by kunarion

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×