My new hide

bayoumiss

I just hid my first cache GC6XMM1. On the "nearby cache" c:geo list, it says it is offline.

Is this a problem? Do i need to do anything?

Also, someone logged the FTF at 1pm MST yesterday, but the entry doesnt appear on c:geo. ??

Thanks all.

"Offline" means it's stored on your phone.

To see any entries, you need to refresh the listing on your phone. Go to your cache on the phone and tap the little refresh icon (two arrows chasing each other in a circle).

The official app is geocaching.com???

The official app, for Android, is "Geocaching". You can find it in the Google Play store

here

There are other 'approved' apps that abide by Groundspeak's API rules. You can find some of them on this page and/or by searching for 'geocaching' within the Google Play store.

You've probably realized by now, but your cache should be hidden before submitting the cache for review. Something to keep in mind for your next hide(s).

You've probably realized by now, but your cache should be hidden before submitting the cache for review. Something to keep in mind for your next hide(s).

Doesn't this mean you have to move it if the reviewer says it's too close to another cache (like a final to a mystery)?

Yes, but you absolutely must have the cache in place before you submit it for review. Then if you have to move it, you have to move it and resubmit it.

Doesn't this mean you have to move it if the reviewer says it's too close to another cache (like a final to a mystery)?

Yes, but you absolutely must have the cache in place before you submit it for review. Then if you have to move it, you have to move it and resubmit it.

To add to this: you can check for cache saturation first before physically placing the cache. See the last section here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=199

Edited by TriciaG

The official app is geocaching.com???

The official app, for Android, is "Geocaching". You can find it in the Google Play store

here

I don't see anywhere mentioned their cache was not placed before publishing. They mentioned the cache had been found.

Edited by jellis

I don't see anywhere mentioned their cache was not placed before publishing. They mentioned the cache had been found.

Looks like the content of the OP's TD log has been changed. The TD log on the OP's hide had said something along the lines of "the 6 hour review took me by surprise" and the OP temp disabled the cache, then enabled the cache a few days later saying the cache was now available.