Boy Scouts only?

oregone

Joedohn you beat me to the clever reply! Oh well.

I am more than a little surprised that something that appears to require an invitation from outside of geocaching.com gets approved, even if it is an event cache. Even as a former scout (nttawwt) I don't think I like the idea of using this website for their events.

[This message was edited by pdxmarathonman on June 19, 2002 at 06:09 PM.]

It's a great location.. I used to live not far from it... It's not hard to sneak into the place.. Used to do it all summer and camp out.

I always thought it would be a great place for a cache, but it's private property...

At least the scouts can cache away there icon_smile.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

It's a great location.. I used to live not far from it... It's not hard to sneak into the place.. Used to do it all summer and camp out.

I always thought it would be a great place for a cache, but it's private property...

At least the scouts can cache away there icon_smile.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

When I first saw these come through, I thought that they were actually in Ireland. Duh. When they were first submitted, they didn't say "Boy Scouts Only" but I guess that would be kind of obvious since they are for "camp participants". At any rate, it WILL be archived by the 27th. Don't worry.

I work with Boy and Cub Scouts. First there are what Boy Scouts of America calls Youth Protection Rules and Procedures. These cover things like adults may not sleep in the same tent with boys to the safety rules for hiking, camping, etc. They include that adults must take this training. Which means strangers in the camp would not qualify to be "around the boys".

Also when they set up these camps for Cubs it is for learning and fun and set up as stations. Cub Scout motto is "Do Your Best" so they are usually really easy tasks.

Maybe they have some Scouts who are geocaching with their families and wanted to register it so that it counted as a find.

Keep in mind these are kids from 1-5 grade only. JmHO

if the camp has a open public/parent day, you could probly get away with wondering around the camp, and if anyone asks you can see your looking for your son... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Trafcon:

The real bummer is that these things are only about 5.6 miles from my house and are going to haunt the top of my, "you haven't found me yet you idiot" list.

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

whack.gif

if the camp has a open public/parent day, you could probly get away with wondering around the camp, and if anyone asks you can see your looking for your son... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Trafcon:

The real bummer is that these things are only about 5.6 miles from my house and are going to haunt the top of my, "you haven't found me yet you idiot" list.

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

whack.gif