Reviewing caches

Mikos88

I'm living in the Netherlands, where there's some moaning about the long reviewing time it takes to publish a cache. At the moment, there's a queue of 1.5 week before new caches are published. At several Dutch forums I read messages that my fellow Dutch cachers think it takes too long. Is 1.5 week normal in your area?

Edited by Mikos88

I just looked at the Netherlands queue.

There are 4 caches that have been on queue for a week. There are a couple hundred more recently submitted, mostly submitted in the last few days.

(I note a tendency for people to create a cache page, and NOT to submit it for review - then finally notice that they need to click "Submit for Review" and then blame the reviewer for "poor response". )

There's nothing that exceeds 10 days (1.5 weeks) without an initial review.

Summer really is the busy season for reviewing. Relax, and try to be patient.

Once it's published, the fun will begin!

I had to wait an entire 5 minutes this afternoon for a hide to publish. Part of the reason it took so long is the Reviewer had to Archive my older disabled place holder cache that was still listed there, before the new one could be published in its place. That is what I clearly indicated I wanted to happen. Thanks "O".

Seriously. I probably just happened to catch the Reviewer at the computer. No issues came up about the hide style or location. I knew what information to include to give the Reviewer confidence that there were not any issues. It normally doesn't go that quickly, but any cache that sits in the Review Que around here for a week probably has the Reviewer concerned about something. I would be looking for some type of communication to find out what it is. Or the Reviewer just might be on vacation. They do that sometimes, but I would say 10 days without a review is not typical most places. And just because a cache is Reviewed, that isn't the same as Published. Take note of those possible issues I mentioned.

The stated goal by Groundspeak is a Review within 7 days.

I had to wait an entire 5 minutes this afternoon for a hide to publish. Part of the reason it took so long is the Reviewer had to Archive my older disabled place holder cache that was still listed there, before the new one could be published in its place. That is what I clearly indicated I wanted to happen. Thanks "O".

Funny I just found out about this cache here in the forums. Another cache where I didn't get a notification but I guess that is another topic for another day. :rolleyes: Maybe a FTF run is in order.

I'm living in the Netherlands, where there's some moaning about the long reviewing time it takes to publish a cache. At the moment, there's a queue of 1.5 week before new caches are published. At several Dutch forums I read messages that my fellow Dutch cachers think it takes too long. Is 1.5 week normal in your area?

The problem could be you editing the listing text (last change 06.08.2016). Once you edit something, or write a log, your listing drops down to the bottom of the reviewqueue.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but thanks for telling. I did look at some of the Dutch forums, to see if anyone knew how long the queue would be for publishing caches, there's a bunch of posts stating they think it takes way too long (pointing at Belgium where it takes up to only 24 hours) and the average time it takes to publish a cache goes up to 1.5 week. That's why I'm asking here; It didn't take one of my caches so long to be published, but I do agree our queue is pretty long on average anyway.

I do think we're on the wrong side of the average if I read the posts in here. Thanks for replying!

Sometimes it's lightning fast! The cache should be in place before you press "submit," or otherwise you have this fiasco with the hardworking FTF hounds searching for a 1/1 that's still in the CO's car:

Sorry for this... i"m still trying to get to the location to physically placed the cache. I received permission this morning (after showing photos to owner) on the container and placement. I then submitted the process of getting the new cache approved. The approval was SO FAST! Much faster than I expected. I'm en-route to place. Please bear with me as I'm battling traffic.

Two or three FTF hounds battled the sweltering heat and posted notes or DNFs already!

:rolleyes: