Premium user unable to login to Geocaching app

reck00

Hello,

I've just reactivated my account to make it premium but when I come to login to my geocaching iPhone apps I get the following message. "An error has occurred: Your account is inactive and cannot be logged in".

I've tried to login on 2 separate apps and get the same message on both.

I'm able to login to the website fine and I can see my account has been made premium and I can also see my email address has been validated.

What could be causing this?

Thanks

I'm able to login to the website fine and I can see my account has been made premium and I can also see my email address has been validated.

Validate your email again. According to your profile page, "The "Send Email" feature is disabled because this user is currently inactive."

Failing that, contact Geocaching HQ.

Validate your email again. According to your profile page, "The "Send Email" feature is disabled because this user is currently inactive."

Failing that, contact Geocaching HQ.

Hi. How do you validate your email again when it's already been validated?

If I go to Account Settings -> Email Preferences I can see a green tick next to my email with the word validated next to it.

I've also added a second email address and validated that as well, so now I have two validated email addressees.

Everything on the website is suggesting everything is validated ok but obviously the geocaching apps think differently.

Edited by reck00

Thank you very much for fixing the problem, all is ok now.

BTW I did contact the Help Center before posting on the forum but you fixed the issue before I even heard anything back from the Help Center. So in my experience forum > help center.

I have a similar issue, except the Community Volunteer Reviewer can't approve my new caches because my account shows inactive. I also cannot log caches on the website, but I can on the iPhone app. I have paid for a Premium membership, so this kind of sucks...

I have re-validated my email, and set up a second one, even making that one primary.

This makes it hard to enjoy the hobby...

I am also having problems. When I try to log a cache I get the message that my account is inactive and I need to sign in again. That doesn't fix the problem. I've checked my account and am up to date with my subscription. My email address also has a green tick to indicate it's validated. I've tried to solve it through the link to the Help Centre but got nowhere.

10 minutes ago, Goin' Holoholo said:

So I can login to via PC but I am unable to login in via the iphone app.  I just loaded the Iphone app so the version is not an issue.

I'm running the app now... can you give more details on the issue, please?

PS: The old (discontinued) paid app, will no longer run...

Edited by RuideAlmeida
46 minutes ago, Goin' Holoholo said:

This is the error I get when I try to login on Iphone via web browser

Iphone SC.jpg

You have more than one thread about your issue, but since this one has the most information, I'll respond here. :anicute:

If you look closely at your user name, you have a "straight apostrophe".  You are typing a "smart apostrophe".  I'm guessing that the system considers the two symbols different, and for the purposes of login, they are. 

Goin′ Holoholo

Goin' Holoholo

It's a different apostrophe. Maybe that's the culprit.  See this:

https://www.jordanmerrick.com/posts/ios-11-smart-punctuation

I tried to test it, but the site does not allow many symbols anymore, so I couldn't change my name as a test.

Edited by kunarion
8 minutes ago, Goin' Holoholo said:

Okay sorry about the double post.  Anyway I emailed GC and they figured out that my name was grandfathered in and so the system did not like either the space and possibly the apostrophe.  

So I got rid of both and wala no problems loggin in via Iphone.

Thanks for your reply

Cool! :P

2 hours ago, Goin' Holoholo said:

Okay sorry about the double post.  Anyway I emailed GC and they figured out that my name was grandfathered in and so the system did not like either the space and possibly the apostrophe.  

So I got rid of both and wala no problems loggin in via Iphone.

Cool.  But it still shows a 404 error (for me) when clicking on your name.  Odd...