How native are you to Oregon (obviously for Oregonians)?

Zzzoey & illDRIVEuNav

My husband is kind of a native, came here when he was a few weeks old. Me? I am from Plymouth, Massachusetts. My family came over on the Mayflower, built a house and stayed put. Since 1620 I am the ONLY person to ever leave home. I guess that first trip was just too much for them! I have lived in South Carolina, Florida, Hawaii, Berlin, Germany, Washington, Cambridge, England and have been in Oregon for 7 years.

My husbands family goes back several generations. My father came to Oregon (from Minnesota) to work in the shipyards. He and his brother lost it all at Vanport. To this day I can still hear the wind blowing, and the big old house creaking in the Columbus Day Storm and I still cry when I see pictures of the MT. ST. Helens that was. I still live in Oregon in an area where you better know how to prime the well pump and how to get ready for a big windstorm (yes Virginia there really are places with no cable/city water/underground power lines icon_smile.gif. I have yet to find anywhere I love more than Oregon (except Arizona in March!)

I consider myself a True Oregonian! I have lived here my entire life. I'm related to a bunch of pioneers from Benton County area who arrived during the mid 1800's. My only downfall is I was born in the Kaiser Hospital which happened to be in Vancouver, Washington at the time.

I got stationed at Kingsley Field, when I joined the WAF from Renton, Washington, at the tail end of the VN conflict. My dream sheet clearly stated ALL the AFBs in Florida.

Good ole Linkville. What was cool was my assignment was at Keno AFS, a radar site in the Cascade Mountains with views of Crater Lake, Mt. Shasta and beyond awesome.

Went to Portland with some friends to a cocktail lounge and they would'nt serve me cos I didn't have an OLCL card. So we left and walked down the street to a tavern, got in, and it just happened to be the night the Portland Trailblazers won the World Championships! FUN!

This is going way back. I saw the John Wayne movie "Rooster Cogburn and the Lady" at the theatre in Klamath Falls. I stayed to watch the credits to see where it was filmed. The Deshutes in Oregon. Beautiful!

Played softball in Astoria for some fun tourneys.

Not native to Oregon. I'm a cheesehead born in Mad City living in beautiful Alaska now.

Good to meet yahicon_smile.gif

~singing~Making a living the old hard way

Taking and giving day by day

Digging the snow and rain and the bright sunshine

---Caching the Line

I feel fine I'm talking about peace of mind I'm gonna take my time

Caching the Line La La La La La La La Caching the Line

Let's see...

Born in Springfield, moved to Thurston, moved back to Springfield, moved to Beaverton, moved to Walterville, moved to Tigard, moved back to Walterville, moved to back to Tigard, moved to Sherwood, Moved to Portland, moved to Tualatin, moved to Salem, moved back to Beaverton, moved to Gresham, moved back to Portland, moved back to Gresham, moved to Carus, and then moved to Milwaukie. Now I'm thinkin' 'bout movin' back to Tigard.

Lots o' moves, but always stayed in Oregon, just like my parents and their parents and their parents. Before that it was the midwest... Minnesota, I think.. and New England on the other side, I believe...

Born in upstate NY, but grew up in Virginia, so I still occasionally slip up with a y'all once in awhile.

Like Family-o-foxes, my Oregon born wife and I met on the net way back in 1994. Married in 96 and still going strong with 2 gorgeous (Oregon born) daughters.

-----

Matt

K7MTO