Advice on TB not being moved

blackdog7

Anyone here from the Montreal/Quebec City area? I have been dealing with a cacher who seems to be from that area who refuses to release a TB I released during our honeymoon in Alberta last summer. She claims that all of the caches near her are either frozen or buried in snow so she can't release it.

It is particularly frustrating because the TB has been moved only once since June. The person who originally picked it up is a newbie, logged it as 'discovered' and had an unverified email so I couldn't contact her. It finally appeared in a cache near Quebec and was picked by another fairly new cacher...who has had it for going on 5 months now.

Anyone here from the Montreal/Quebec City area? I have been dealing with a cacher who seems to be from that area who refuses to release a TB I released during our honeymoon in Alberta last summer. She claims that all of the caches near her are either frozen or buried in snow so she can't release it.

It is particularly frustrating because the TB has been moved only once since June. The person who originally picked it up is a newbie, logged it as 'discovered' and had an unverified email so I couldn't contact her. It finally appeared in a cache near Quebec and was picked by another fairly new cacher...who has had it for going on 5 months now.

Offer to pay shipping to send it back to you.

Offer to pay shipping to send it back to you.

I've considered that. I would much prefer it find its own way out of Canada...seeing as that's where we started it off.

I've checked several caches in the area this person has found most of her caches and they've been found a good deal in the last few weeks. I'm trying to avoid thinking that she' simply lying to me about it and has actually lost the TB.

Hopefully I'm just being a pessimist.

I probably should've placed it in a PMO cache to begin with.

That wouldn't change anything. For one thing, there are basic members who find PMO caches. For another, well, even premium members don't always take care of trackables. And third, ignoring what I already said, how would it help if so eon takes it from that PMO cache, drops it in a normal cache, and then the same caches picks it up and keeps it?

With any trackable, there's the chance it will go missing, get stuck, whatever. You can try to slow it from happening, but you will never stop it.

I've heard that before. It's a delusional disorder thinking that a PMO cache is any "safer" for a trackable. Sooner or later, it'll find its way into a regular cache.... then whatchagonnado? Probably the same thing as you are now... worry about it.

Yep.

One of cachings most notorious trackable hoarders - a premium member.

At least five cache maggots that I'm aware of (one even going to court over it) - premium members.

May help with some of the most basic intro users though...

That wouldn't change anything. For one thing, there are basic members who find PMO caches. For another, well, even premium members don't always take care of trackables. And third, ignoring what I already said, how would it help if so eon takes it from that PMO cache, drops it in a normal cache, and then the same caches picks it up and keeps it?

With any trackable, there's the chance it will go missing, get stuck, whatever. You can try to slow it from happening, but you will never stop it.

I've heard that before. It's a delusional disorder thinking that a PMO cache is any "safer" for a trackable. Sooner or later, it'll find its way into a regular cache.... then whatchagonnado? Probably the same thing as you are now... worry about it.

Great points. I guess my thinking was that releasing it into a PMO cache would have delayed the inevitable.

It is the first trackable we've released so I guess I had my hopes up too much.

At least five cache maggots that I'm aware of (one even going to court over it) - premium members.

Court? Seriously?

And what do you mean by 'cache maggots'?

Yep. Just do a forum search on rome, new york.

We've called cache thieves maggots since we started. What do you call 'em?

Forum search: will do.

Cache thieves: maggots seems appropriate.

You don't know what to do?

Here is what to do. Get loads of snacks in. Enough that you don't need to leave the house for a week. Then go on Amazon (other websites are available) and order the entire box set of 24.

Then sit yourself down and begin watching.

Well after the initial shock that season one will give you, you will settles down and before you know it you will be watching season 8.

Trust me, by the time you finish watching season 8 ... you will know what to do.