Who's SnowCaching?

cheese

Hi Ryan!

Here in our neck of the woods (Western PA), I went four-for-four finding geocaches in the snow on Sunday (that's every cache in Mercer County). Even crazier, on Monday Tonsil and SlimJim28 found 7 or 8.... the Brady's Run Park caches in Beaver County plus the Alien Hideout Cache. I also went on return visits to three caches on Saturday while playing tour guide for a visiting geocacher.

There are many, many caches that can be found in the snow! A great way to up the difficulty rating on those 1/1 caches.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

That's using your head.

Went out and found just one today. Wish I had some snow shoes. Gore-Tex doesn't work so great when the wet is coming in from the top!

Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges -- Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!

- Rudyard Kipling "The Explorer"

quote:
Originally posted by True-North:

With 27 inches of snow on top of the 4 that were already there and the extra 2 inches last night, i looked at the hump on the driveway and said...DUDE! Where's my car?!?! Does that count as a cache? LOL

True-North icon_cool.gif

I've been down at my GFs apartment in South Jersey. Since the complex takes care of shoveling the sidewalks, and they don't get much snow down here anyway (the avg is 20 inches a year) she doesn't own a shovel. I spent 2 days digging out 2 humps of snow that were about where we had parked the cars. Since she doesn't own a shovel, a used TUPPERWARE! This has GOT to count as a find!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

... I spent 2 days digging out 2 humps of snow that were about where we had parked the cars. Since she doesn't own a shovel, a used TUPPERWARE!

Hasn't anyone told you that Tupperware, Rubbermaid, or especially Gladware are simply not up to the task. Any self-respecting geocacher would have used an ammo box ... except for Brian, of course, who used a decon box to dig out his cars. icon_wink.gif